Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Big flat!





Joan had her second look at one of the old style apartments today when she went to meet with a new acquaintance. It was in an old building on Reya street, on the third floor. She said the place was huge, maybe 120-150m, high ceilings and really large rooms.

While she was there I decided to go to the bookstore for foreign langauges and see if I could find a book on Polish verbs. The one we have has only 300 and we'd like a bigger one. When I got there sonmeone was just pulling out of a paid parking place so I felt lucky. I pulled in, turned off dthe car and reached in my pocket for change for the parking ticket. We don't have parking meters in Poland, we have parking tickets. At the end of each block is a machine that you put your zlotys into and it prints out a small ticket for the amount of parking time you get based on how much you pay. You take the ticket and place it on your dashboard. Meter maids walk around and check the tickets. Of course, with no change the parking place was of no use and I had to leave and go to the bank to get a little money.

On the way to the bank I was shocked when I got to Marcinskiego street corner. All of the one story retail building were demolished and the place was completely empty. I guess they are building new stores there.

I returned to the bank and unbelievably the same space was still open so I pulled in, got out of the car, walked to the ticket machine, got the ticket and returned to put in the the car. I walked across the street to the bookstore and went inside. It's a nice store with books on German, Spanish, English, French but not a lot on Polish. Unfortunately I didn't find what I was looking for so I returned home.

At 2:30PM I went to pick up Joan but was early so I walked around the neighborhood and took some pictures of interesting buildings.

Joan mia艂a jej drugie spojrzenie na jeden z apartament贸w starego stylu dzisiaj kiedy ona posz艂a spotka膰 si臋 z now膮 znajomo艣ci膮. To by艂o w starym wykorzystywaniu Reya ulicy, na trzeciej pod艂odze. Ona powiedzia艂a, 偶e miejsce jest ogromne, by膰 mo偶e 120 150m, wysokie sufity i naprawd臋 du偶e pokoje.

Podczas gdy ona by艂a tam zdecydowa艂em si臋 p贸j艣膰 do ksi臋garni dla j臋zyk贸w obcych i zobaczy膰 je偶eli m贸g艂bym znale藕膰 ksi膮偶k臋 na polskich czasownikach. Jeden mamy maj膮 tylko 300 i chcieliby艣my wi臋kszy jeden. Kiedy dosta艂em tam kto艣 w艂a艣nie ci膮gn膮艂 z op艂aconego parkingu tak poczu艂em si臋 szcz臋艣liwy. Wjecha艂em, wy艂膮czy艂em samoch贸d i si臋gn膮艂em w mojej kieszeni dla zmiany dla mandatu za z艂e parkowanie. Nie mamy parkometr贸w w Polsce, mamy mandaty za z艂e parkowanie. Przy ko艅cu ka偶dego bloku jest maszyna, 偶e k艂adziesz twoje z艂ote do i to drukuje ma艂y bilet dla ilo艣ci parkingu ustalaj膮 czas stajesz si臋 oparty na ilu p艂acisz. Bierzesz bilet i umieszczasz to na twojej tablicy rozdzielczej. Dziewczyny metra przechadzaj膮 si臋 i sprawdzaj膮 bilety. Oczywi艣cie, z 偶adn膮 zmian膮 parking by艂 偶adnego u偶ycia i musia艂em wyruszy膰 i p贸j艣膰 do banku by dosta膰 troch臋 pieni臋dzy.

W drodze do banku by艂em wstrz膮艣ni臋ty kiedy dosta艂em si臋 do rogu ulicy Marcinskiego. Wszystko z jednej sprzeda偶y detalicznej historii budowy by艂a zburzona i miejsce by艂o zupe艂nie puste. S膮dz臋, 偶e oni buduj膮 nowe sklepy tam.

Wr贸ci艂em do banku i niewiarygodnie ta sama przestrze艅 by艂a jeszcze otwarta tak wjecha艂em, wydosta艂em si臋 z samochodu, chodzonego do maszyny biletu , dosta艂em bilet i wr贸ci艂em w艂o偶y膰 samoch贸d. Chodzi艂em poprzez ulic臋 do ksi臋garni i poszed艂em wewn膮trz. To jest mi艂y sklep z ksi膮偶kami na niemieckim, hiszpa艅skim, angielski, francuski ale nie du偶o na j臋zyku polskim. Niestety nie znalaz艂em czego szuka艂em tak wr贸ci艂em do domu.

O 2:30PM poszed艂em podnie艣膰 Joan ale by艂em wcze艣nie tak przeszed艂em si臋 s膮siedztwo i zrobi艂em kilka zdj臋膰 zainteresowania budynk贸w.