Monday, June 07, 2021

How nice.

Talking with my Spanish teacher today, I told him about the upcoming hand operation and the difficulty it will be to drive to see Joan where she will stay during the first week. He told me he has free time during that week and he would take me to visit her. I thought that was nice of him. I have only known him for two months. He also sent me a new cheesecake recipe from his wife to try. I think it will have to wait until I recover from the surgery.

Today was an unusual day. I woke up at 7:00, stayed up for 1/2 hour and went back to bed hoping to sleep for another hour. I woke up at 11:30. The morning was wasted but I did sleep for four more hours and it felt good.

June 21st is suppose to be the first day of summer but the last few days have been summer-like already. It's been possible for Joan to read while sitting out on the balcony.  It's easy to keep her in my view while I work in the dining room and with the window and door open, I can hear if she needs something.

With the continuing drop in new corona cases(193 yesterday and 9 deaths) restrictions have been eased even more. The economy should be getting better as each day passes and the possibility for tourism to increase.

Rozmawiając dzisiaj z moim nauczycielem hiszpańskiego, powiedziałam mu o zbliżającej się operacji ręki i o tym, że trudno będzie mi pojechać do Joan, gdzie będzie przebywać przez pierwszy tydzień. Powiedział mi, że ma wolny czas w tym tygodniu i zabierze mnie do niej. Pomyślałam, że to miło z jego strony. Znam go dopiero od dwóch miesięcy. Wysłał mi również nowy przepis na sernik od swojej żony, który miałam wypróbować. Myślę, że będzie on musiał poczekać, aż wyzdrowieję po operacji.

Dzisiejszy dzień był niezwykły. Obudziłem się o 7:00, nie spałem przez 1/2 godziny i wróciłem do łóżka z nadzieją na kolejną godzinę snu. Obudziłem się o 11:30. Ranek był zmarnowany, ale przespałem jeszcze cztery godziny i czułem się dobrze.

21 czerwca ma być pierwszym dniem lata, ale ostatnie kilka dni były już letnie. Joan mogła czytać siedząc na balkonie.  Łatwo jest utrzymać ją w zasięgu mojego wzroku, gdy pracuję w jadalni, a dzięki otwartemu oknu i drzwiom mogę usłyszeć, czy czegoś potrzebuje.

Z ciągłym spadkiem liczby nowych przypadków Corony (193 wczoraj i 9 zgonów) ograniczenia zostały złagodzone jeszcze bardziej. Gospodarka powinna się poprawiać z każdym dniem, a turystyka może się zwiększyć.

Hablando hoy con mi profesor de español, le comenté la próxima operación de la mano y la dificultad que supondrá ir en coche a ver a Juana donde se alojará durante la primera semana. Me dijo que tenía tiempo libre durante esa semana y que me llevaría a visitarla. Me pareció un detalle por su parte. Sólo le conozco desde hace dos meses. También me envió una nueva receta de tarta de queso de su mujer para que la probara. Creo que tendrá que esperar hasta que me recupere de la operación.

Hoy ha sido un día inusual. Me desperté a las 7:00, me quedé despierta durante media hora y volví a la cama con la esperanza de dormir una hora más. Me desperté a las 11:30. La mañana fue un desperdicio, pero dormí cuatro horas más y me sentí bien.

Se supone que el 21 de junio es el primer día del verano, pero los últimos días ya han sido veraniegos. Joan ha podido leer sentada en el balcón.  Es fácil tenerla a la vista mientras trabajo en el comedor y con la ventana y la puerta abiertas, puedo escuchar si necesita algo.

Con el continuo descenso de los nuevos casos de corona (193 ayer y 9 muertes) las restricciones se han suavizado aún más. La economia deberia mejorar cada dia que pasa y la posibilidad de que el turismo aumente.

No comments:

Post a Comment