Wednesday, October 07, 2026

I'm Back.

 Last Thursday, as I was writing my blog, my router stopped working.

The next day, I took it to my provider, Inea, to get a new one. When our previous provider's router had problems, they just gave me a new one.

Inea doesn't do that. They said they could email their tech department at another location and try to fix it remotely. The problem was it just wouldn't even turn on. The other option was to sign a new contract, and an installer would come to our flat. I asked how soon, but again I would have to wait for a phone call telling me when. I opted for the new contract, which actually saved me 500 PLN.


Two hours later, they called and said the installer would come on Wednesday, October 7, between 2 and 3 PM. So, for the last five days, I haven't been able to do much on the internet. 

 

Fortunately, my cell provider is different, so I was able to send a few messages. I'm not adept at using the phone, so my messages have all been very short. Today is the day I returned to the net.

 

The last 5 days, the weather has been great for being outside. I took Joan out every day.

 

Today, I did a little preparation for what might be Poland’s near future: war with Russia. I won’t stay here and put Joan’s life in danger.

 

I went to our bank and withdrew enough cash to sustain us elsewhere if necessary. I put it in another location that I could have quick access to. It may sound a little paranoid, but with Putin as the adversary, you never know what will be next. He has already threatened the UK, Poland, Latvia, Estonia, Finland, Moldova, Romania, Sweden, and Lithuania. Only time will tell what the future holds for the world.

 

Evacuation routes have already been sent to us by the U.S. Embassy. The quickest route would be to Berlin or Frankfort, Germany, but I am sure the roads will be packed to the Polish border crossing points.