Saturday, February 18, 2023

Disappointed.

Checking the menu at the La Liada restaurant close to us, I saw they had calamari and thought I would try their version. So far, I haven't found a place that makes them the way I like them. I ordered their Calamares Nacional Plancha. The word Plancha usually means ironed but the menu said grilled. When they came, it looked like a big balloon with legs attached all around it. Not what I expected. I cut into the first leg and took a bite. It was like eating a piece of warm rubber in consistency. After 2 bites I pushed it aside and didn't eat the rest. Needless to say, I was very disappointed. I ate the Russian salad I ordered, helped Joan finish the large salad she had, paid the bill and we returned home. Only chocolate chip cookies could get the taste of the calamari out of my mouth. That was last night.

Today, I will make spaghetti for dinner and not take a chance in another restaurant for calamari. I really miss the place that went out of business. I guess Covid did it in.

We are still waiting for warmer weather. It is supposed to start on Monday.

Sprawdzając menu w bliskiej nam restauracji La Liada, zobaczyłem, że mają kalmary i pomyślałem, że spróbuję ich wersji. Jak dotąd nie znalazłem miejsca, które robi je tak, jak lubię. Zamówiłem ich Calamares Nacional Plancha. Słowo Plancha zazwyczaj oznacza prasowane, ale w menu było napisane, że grillowane. Kiedy je  otrzymałem, wyglądały jak wielki balon z nogami przyczepionymi dookoła. Nie tego się spodziewałem. Wgryzłem się w pierwszą nóżkę. To było jak jedzenie kawałka czegoś o konsystencji  ciepłej gumy. Po 2 kęsach odepchnąłem je na bok i nie zjadłem reszty. Nie muszę dodawać, że byłem bardzo rozczarowany. Zjadłem zamówioną sałatkę rosyjską, pomogłem Joannie skończyć dużą sałatkę, którą jadła,  zapłaciłem rachunek i wróciliśmy do domu. Tylko ciasteczka z czekoladą mogły zatuszować smak kalmarów z moich ust. To było wczoraj wieczorem.

Dzisiaj na kolację zrobię spaghetti i nie będę kalmarów ryzykować w innej restauracji. Naprawdę tęsknię za miejscem, które zniknęło z rynku. Chyba Covid sie do tego przyczynił.

Wciąż czekamy na cieplejszą pogodę. Ma się zacząć w poniedziałek.

No comments:

Post a Comment