Tuesday, October 24, 2023

The day.

 I'm losing my mind! Last night I made the menu for the week and the shopping list and planned to go at 06:30, I also had a dentist appointment at 08:45. I made a beef stew for dinner. Later, I downloaded and old movie from 1956,  War and Peace, starring Audrey Hepburn and Henry Fonda. i read the book years ago but Joan and I had never seen the movie. It is a long one, 3 1/2 hours. We decided to make it a 2 part movie, half last night and the other half tonight.

When the movie finished the first 2 hours, we stopped watching it and Joan went to bed. I had some emails to answer and studying to do but I set my alarm for tomorrow at 08:00. That was my mistake. When the alarm went off, I realized I should have set it for 06:30 to go shopping. Fortunately, today Natalia was coming to sit with Joan and I could do the shopping then.

First, being autumn, I thought the trees in Citadela Park had turned colors so I went there to take pictures. When I arrived I saw that they had not all changed and decided not to photograph them yet. I went to Carrefour to do the shopping. One hour later I was finished and spent 189 PLN($45) for the week.

Tracę zmysły! Wczoraj wieczorem przygotowałem menu na tydzień i listę zakupów i planowałem wyjść o 06:30, miałem też wizytę u dentysty o 08:45. Na obiad zrobiłem gulasz wołowy. Później ściągnąłem stary film z 1956 roku, Wojna i pokój, z Audrey Hepburn i Henrym Fondą w rolach głównych. Czytałem książkę lata temu, ale Joan i ja nigdy nie widzieliśmy filmu. Jest długi, trwa 3 i pół godziny. Postanowiliśmy obejrzeć go w dwóch częściach, połowę wczoraj wieczorem, a drugą połowę dziś wieczorem.

Kiedy film skończył pierwsze 2 godziny, przestaliśmy go oglądać i Joan poszła spać. Musiałem odpowiedzieć na kilka maili i pouczyć się, ale ustawiłem budzik na jutro na 08:00. To był mój błąd. Kiedy alarm się włączył, zdałem sobie sprawę, że powinienem był ustawić go na 06:30, aby pójść na zakupy. Na szczęście dzisiaj Natalia miała siedzieć z Joan i mogłam wtedy zrobić zakupy.

Po pierwsze, będąc jesienią, myślałem, że drzewa w parku Citadela zmieniły kolory, więc poszedłem tam zrobić zdjęcia. Kiedy dotarłem na miejsce, zobaczyłem, że nie wszystkie się zmieniły i postanowiłem ich jeszcze nie fotografować. Poszedłem do Carrefoura zrobić zakupy. Godzinę później skończyłem i wydałem 189 PLN (45 USD) na tydzień.

No comments:

Post a Comment