Saturday, November 09, 2013

Interesting news.

I received some surprise in the mail from the court that deals with property in Babice, the place where my paternal grandfather left property when he immigrated to the U.S. From another relative here, the thought was that the property should belong to me now since I am his descendent. Another cousin from the north of Pozna艅 told me about this and when I checked with a real estate lawyer here I decided it wasn't worth the time and cost to reclaim it.

Today I received 5 documents from the court and three of them were written statements that my grandfather had given the property in 1968 to his niece, Stefania, who was still alive at that time and living in Jankowice, a small village near Babice. She died in 2005 but had a son, Jozef, who is still alive and he was one of two cousins I met two months ago.  He thought the property also belonged to me and is or was probably unaware that his mother was actually the owner.  With this new documentation I have from the court I will send him copies so that he knows about it now.  There is a court hearing about ownership of the property on the 12th of December and I think he should go and claim his rightful ownership now. It will be interesting to see what happens. I am thinking about maybe even going to Jankowice next weekend to talk to him about this.

Otrzyma艂em zaskakuj膮cy list z s膮du , kt贸ry zajmuje si臋 nieruchomo艣ci膮 w Babicach , miejscem gdzie m贸j dziadek pozostawi艂 nieruchomo艣膰 innemu krewnemu, gdy wyemigrowa艂 do USA. My艣l by艂a taka, 偶e nieruchomo艣膰 powinna nale偶e膰 teraz do mnie, poniewa偶 jestem jego potomkiem . Inny kuzyn mieszkaj膮cy na p贸艂noc od Poznania powiedzia艂 mi o tym i gdy sprawdzi艂em to z prawnikiem specjalist膮 od nieruchomo艣ci postanowi艂em, 偶e nie jest warte czasu i koszt贸w ,  aby go odzyska膰.

Dzi艣 otrzyma艂em 5 dokument贸w z s膮du , a trzy z nich to by艂y napisane o艣wiadczenia , 偶e m贸j dziadek da艂 nieruchomo艣ci w 1968 roku swojej siostrzenicy Stefanii , kt贸ra wci膮偶 偶yje w tym czasie i mieszka艂a w Jankowicach , ma艂ej wiosce niedaleko Babic . Zmar艂a w 2005 roku , ale mia艂 syna J贸zefa , kt贸ry jest wci膮偶 偶yje i jest jednym z dw贸ch kuzyn贸w , kt贸rych spotka艂em dwa miesi膮ce temu . On my艣la艂, 偶e nieruchomo艣膰 r贸wnie偶 nale偶a艂a do mnie i jest lub by艂 prawdopodobnie nie艣wiadomy, 偶e jego matka by艂a rzeczywistym w艂a艣cicielem. Dzi臋ki tej nowej dokumentacji z s膮du, zrobi臋 ich kopie i wy艣l臋 mu , 偶eby o tym wiedzia艂. 12 grudnia odb臋dzie si臋 w s膮dzie rozprawa o w艂asno艣膰 nieruchomo艣ci  i my艣l臋, 偶e on powinien i艣膰 i zg艂osi膰 teraz roszczenie do prawa w艂asno艣ci . To b臋dzie interesuj膮ce zobaczy膰, co si臋 stanie. My艣l臋 o wyje藕dzie do Jankowic w najbli偶szy weekend, aby  porozmawia膰 z nim na ten temat.