Thursday, September 23, 2021

Accident-Przypadek.

Today, I woke up early for shopping. Everything was going smoothly until I went to the fruit section of avocados and fruits. I selected the avocado and was going around the corner for fruit. On the floor were some dirt marks where someone had stepped. I stepped over them and the next thing I knew, my right hand flew out to protect me from falling but I hit the floor with my head and left hand underneath me. There was water or something slippery on the floor that made it a danger but no signs were there. 

A little shocked, I waited to get up. An employee finally saw me and rushed to help. He could only help me up and ask what happened. He called the supervisor who wanted to call an ambulance but I said NO. I could not allow an ambulance to take me to a hospital to get checked out and leave Joan alone at home.

They walked me over to a chair to sit while they got a bandage for my left hand. Evidently, during the fall my left-hand skin was torn and it was bleeding. Once bandaged, I again reassured them I was fine, finished shopping, and came home. 

Now my left hand is throbbing from the fall and my left shoulder blade hurts. I took 2 Apap pills for the pain and now write to you with only 1 finger. NOT a good shopping day but on the bright side, the cost was only 138 PLN, and the money exchange rate is $1=3.94 PLN.SO, $1,000=3,940 PLN. That is the highest it has been in 6 months.

Dzisiaj wstałem wcześnie, by zrobić zakupy. Wszystko szło gładko, dopóki nie poszedłem do działu owocowego z awokado i owocami. Wybrałam awokado i poszedłem za róg po owoce. Na podłodze były jakieś ślady brudu, gdzie ktoś nadepnął. Nadepnąłem na nie i następne, co pamiętam to to, że moja prawa ręka wysunęła się, żeby mnie uchronić przed upadkiem, ale uderzyłem głową o podłogę, a lewą ręką podłożyłem pod siebie. Na podłodze była woda lub coś śliskiego, co uczyniło ją niebezpieczną, ale nie było tam żadnych znaków otrzegawczych. 

Trochę zszokowany, czekałem, żeby wstać. W końcu zobaczył mnie pracownik i pospieszył z pomocą. Mógł mi tylko pomóc wstać i zapytać, co się stało. Zadzwonił do przełożonego, który chciał wezwać karetkę, ale ja powiedziałam NIE. Nie mogłem pozwolić, żeby karetka zabrała mnie do szpitala, żeby się sprawdzić, co się stało i zostawić Joan samą w domu.

Zaprowadzili mnie na krzesło, żebym usiadł, podczas gdy oni owijali bandażem moją lewą rękę. Najwyraźniej podczas upadku skóra na lewej ręce została uszkodzona i krwawiła. Po zabandażowaniu, ponownie zapewniłem ich, że nic mi nie jest, skończyłem zakupy i wróciłem do domu. 

Teraz moja lewa ręka pulsuje od upadku i boli mnie lewa łopatka. Wziąłem 2 tabletki Apapu na ból i teraz piszę do Was 1 palcem. Nie był to dobry dzień na zakupy, ale z drugiej strony koszt wyniósł tylko 138 zł, a kurs wymiany to $1=3,94 zł. Więc $1,000=3,940 zł. To jest najwyższy kurs od 6 miesięcy.

Hoy me he levantado temprano para hacer la compra. Todo iba bien hasta que fui a la sección de aguacates y frutas. Seleccioné el aguacate y me dirigí a la esquina de la fruta. En el suelo había unas marcas de suciedad donde alguien había pisado. Las pisé y lo siguiente que recuerdo es que mi mano derecha salió volando para protegerme de la caída, pero me golpeé contra el suelo con la cabeza y la mano izquierda debajo de mí. Había agua o algo resbaladizo en el suelo que lo hacía peligroso pero no había ninguna señal. 

Un poco sorprendido, esperé a levantarme. Un empleado finalmente me vio y se apresuró a ayudarme. Sólo pudo ayudarme a levantarme y preguntarme qué había pasado. Llamó al supervisor, que quería llamar a una ambulancia, pero le dije que NO. No podía permitir que una ambulancia me llevara a un hospital para que me examinaran y dejar a Joan sola en casa.

Me llevaron a una silla para que me sentara mientras me vendaban la mano izquierda. Evidentemente, durante la caída la piel de mi mano izquierda se había desgarrado y estaba sangrando. Una vez vendada, volví a asegurarles que estaba bien, terminé de comprar y volví a casa. 

Ahora me late la mano izquierda por la caída y me duele el omóplato izquierdo. Me tomé dos pastillas Apap para el dolor y ahora les escribo con un solo dedo. No ha sido un buen día de compras, pero el lado positivo es que el coste ha sido de sólo 138 PLN, y el tipo de cambio es de 1$=3,94 PLN. Esto es lo más alto que ha sido en 6 meses.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous3:15 AM

    Anonymous said...

    You STILL ought to get yourself checked out or treated (the very least, with Chiropractic and/or massage). I had a fall once, very similar to yours; was at a supermarket, was holding a tray, slipped on spilled soda as I turned, since bith hands were used, nothing to break the fall-- which was directly on my behind-- my eyes had shut as I went down and saw what looked like piston of light, shoot from my spine tip into my brain. I felt nothing for the first 15-30 minutes & got up and sat down; others suggested I "get seen". After one woman who was a Cranial Sacral therapist urged me to file a claim & be seen I did both. Am glad I did.
    The store's insurance covered 6 months of treatments (I had general practitioner exam/xrays Cranio-sacral, deep tissue massage and finally Chiropractic treatments. They all helped, but didn't have my own insurance to cover further treatments. I needed them! From that day until today, my spinal vertebrae is messed up and developed compensatory muscle tension, stiffness, pain. Nothing to ignore when such an impact occurs! And, the head is just as sensitive to impacts-- (like concussion) so, please, David, give due diligence to followup exam/treatments if at all possible-- and don't put it off too long.

    ~Ess






    ReplyDelete