Thursday, September 17, 2020

Dumb!

 I did the dumbest thing I've done in quite a while.  I wake in time to go shopping for food. It was a little chilly outside so I put on a pair of Levi's, in my pockets, I put the shopping list, glasses, rubber gloves, mask, drivers license, insurance card, car keys, and house keys. I arrived at Carrefour at 8:05, picked up all the things on my list,  and went to the cash. I placed all of the items on the revolving belt and the cashier rang them up. 149 PLN($40). Then, I had a startling discovery...I didn't put my wallet in my pants and had NO money. I explained to the cashier and she told me to put everything back into the cart. She told me to follow her to the information desk where she would put the cart until I return with the money. A quick trip home to retrieve the wallet and I was back in 20 minutes, feeling like an idiot.

I know why it happened. Earlier, I ordered a new copy of the book, Rage, by Bob Woodward. I paid for it with my debit card, taking my wallet out of the pant's pocket. When I was done placing the order, I left the wallet sitting on the desktop and didn't put it back into my pocket. That won't happen again. The book will be here next Wednesday.

The weather forecast for today of 16C was wrong, it's 20C as of this writing time, 15:07. Also, it is sunny, not cloudy.

Last night we watched an entertaining movie, "A Hologram for the King", starring Tom Hanks. It is from 2017. This week is Tom Hank's movie night.

Zrobiłem najgłupszą rzecz, jaką zrobiłem od dłuższego czasu. Budzę się na czas, żeby pójść na zakupy. Na zewnątrz było trochę chłodno, więc włożyłem parę Levi's do kieszeni, włożyłem listę zakupów, okulary, gumowe rękawiczki, maskę, prawo jazdy, kartę ubezpieczeniową, kluczyki do samochodu i od domu. Przyjechałem do Carrefour o 8:05, odebrałem wszystkie rzeczy z mojej listy i poszedłem do kasy. Położyłem wszystkie przedmioty na obrotowym pasku, a kasjer zadzwonił do nich. 149 zł (40 USD). Potem doszło do zaskakującego odkrycia ... Nie włożyłem portfela do spodni i NIE miałem pieniędzy. Wyjaśniłem kasjerce, a ona kazała mi włożyć wszystko z powrotem do wózka. Powiedziała mi, żebym podążał za nią do punktu informacyjnego, gdzie postawiła wózek, aż wrócę z pieniędzmi. Szybka podróż do domu po portfel i wróciłem za 20 minut, czując się jak idiota.

Wiem, dlaczego to się stało. Wcześniej zamówiłem nowy egzemplarz książki Rage autorstwa Boba Woodwarda. Zapłaciłem za to kartą debetową, wyciągając portfel z kieszeni spodni. Kiedy skończyłem składać zamówienie, zostawiłem portfel na biurku i nie włożyłem go z powrotem do kieszeni. To się więcej nie powtórzy. Książka będzie dostępna w następną środę.

Prognoza pogody na dziś 16 ° C była błędna, w chwili pisania tego tekstu jest 20 ° C, 15:07. Poza tym jest słonecznie, nie pochmurno.

Ostatniej nocy oglądaliśmy zabawny film „Hologram dla króla” z Tomem Hanksem w roli głównej. Pochodzi z 2017 roku. W tym tygodniu jest wieczór filmowy Toma Hanka.

Hice la cosa más tonta que he hecho en bastante tiempo. Me despierto a tiempo para ir a comprar comida. Hacía un poco de frío afuera, así que me puse un par de Levi's, en mis bolsillos, puse la lista de compras, gafas, guantes de goma, máscara, licencia de conducir, tarjeta de seguro, llaves del auto y llaves de la casa. Llegué a Carrefour a las 8:05, recogí todas las cosas de mi lista y fui a la caja. Coloqué todos los artículos en el cinturón giratorio y el cajero los llamó. 149 PLN ($ 40). Entonces, tuve un descubrimiento sorprendente ... No puse mi billetera en mis pantalones y NO tenía dinero. Le expliqué a la cajera y ella me dijo que volviera a poner todo en el carrito. Me dijo que la siguiera hasta el mostrador de información donde dejaría el carrito hasta que yo regresara con el dinero. Un viaje rápido a casa para recuperar la billetera y volví en 20 minutos, sintiéndome como un idiota.

Sé por qué sucedió. Anteriormente, encargué una nueva copia del libro, Rage, de Bob Woodward. Lo pagué con mi tarjeta de débito, sacando mi billetera del bolsillo del pantalón. Cuando terminé de hacer el pedido, dejé la billetera en el escritorio y no la guardé en mi bolsillo. Eso no volverá a suceder. El libro estará aquí el próximo miércoles.

El pronóstico del tiempo para hoy de 16 ° C era incorrecto, es de 20 ° C en el momento de escribir este artículo, 15:07. Además, es soleado, no nublado.

Anoche vimos una película entretenida, "Un holograma para el rey", protagonizada por Tom Hanks. Es de 2017. Esta semana es la noche de películas de Tom Hank.

No comments:

Post a Comment