Tuesday, May 17, 2022

BG & GREAT NEWS!

Yesterday, later in the day I made a visit to the botanical gardens of Poznań. It was the first time in 15 years I was there without my fantastic wife. It was a strange feeling walking through the gardens without her. We take so much for granted in life. You don't know what you have until you lose it. I haven't lost her but the last three weeks have made me realize again what my life would be like without her. Yes. I have enjoyed the time not having to worry much about her but it was a lonely time for me. Garden pictures on the right side of this blog.

The GREAT NEWS is that today my final eye exam was without anything major being wrong and I was told I can bring her home tomorrow and resume caring for her. Almost everything is in place in my eyes except for the right eye. The lens put in has not completely covered the cornea and so I see a little bit of double vision in it. I am now taking steroid droplets for the next 3 weeks that will make the pressure in that eye a little higher to make the lens lay flat like it should have. I am confident it will work. In 3-4 weeks my oculist friend will check my eyes and give me a prescription for glasses to read, maybe also for driving. All in all, I am happy with the results of the operation.

Wczoraj, w dalszej części dnia, odwiedziłem ogrody botaniczne w Poznaniu. Po raz pierwszy od 15 lat byłem tam bez mojej fantastycznej żony. To było dziwne uczucie chodzić po ogrodach bez niej. Tak wiele rzeczy w życiu uznajemy za oczywiste. Nie wiesz, co masz, dopóki tego nie stracisz. Nie straciłem jej, ale ostatnie trzy tygodnie uświadomiły mi, jak wyglądałoby moje życie bez niej. Tak. Cieszyłem się czasem, kiedy nie musiałem się o nią martwić, ale był to dla mnie samotny okres. Zdjęcia ogrodu po prawej stronie tego bloga.

Wspaniała wiadomość jest taka, że dzisiaj moje ostatnie badanie oczu nie wykazało żadnych poważnych problemów i powiedziano mi, że jutro mogę zabrać ją do domu i wznowić opiekę nad nią. W moich oczach prawie wszystko jest na swoim miejscu, z wyjątkiem prawego oka. Włożona soczewka nie zakryła całkowicie rogówki i dlatego widzę w nim trochę podwójnie. Przez najbliższe 3 tygodnie będę przyjmować krople sterydowe, które podniosą ciśnienie w tym oku, aby soczewka ułożyła się płasko, tak jak powinna. Jestem przekonany, że to zadziała. Za 3-4 tygodnie mój znajomy okulista zbada moje oczy i da mi receptę na okulary do czytania, być może także do prowadzenia samochodu. Ogólnie rzecz biorąc, jestem zadowolony z wyników operacja.

Ayer, a última hora del día, hice una visita a los jardines botánicos de Poznań. Era la primera vez en 15 años que estaba allí sin mi fantástica esposa. Fue una sensación extraña caminar por los jardines sin ella. Damos tantas cosas por sentado en la vida. No sabes lo que tienes hasta que lo pierdes. No la he perdido, pero las últimas tres semanas me han hecho darme cuenta de nuevo de cómo sería mi vida sin ella. Sí. He disfrutado del tiempo sin tener que preocuparme mucho por ella pero ha sido un tiempo de soledad para mí. Fotos del jardín en la parte derecha de este blog.

La GRAN NOTICIA es que hoy mi examen final de la vista fue sin que nada importante estuviera mal y me dijeron que puedo traerla a casa mañana y reanudar su cuidado. Casi todo está en su sitio en mis ojos excepto el ojo derecho. La lente que me pusieron no ha cubierto completamente la córnea y por eso veo un poco de visión doble en él. Ahora estoy tomando gotas de esteroides durante las próximas 3 semanas que harán que la presión en ese ojo sea un poco más alta para que la lente quede plana como debería. Estoy seguro de que funcionará. En 3-4 semanas mi amigo oculista me revisará los ojos y me recetará unas gafas para leer, quizás también para conducir. En general, estoy contento con los resultados de la operación.

No comments:

Post a Comment