Wednesday, November 08, 2023

Grand Theater

 Two years in the making, they have finally finished the renovation of the Grand Theater.

Exceeding the cost of 40 million PLN($9.5 million). they managed to change the lighting, security, electroacoustics, and stage mechanics. With the new sound system, it won't matter where you sit to hear all of the sounds of the stage. In the past, that wasn't true. It's not just a sound system, it is something completely different.

According to the director of the theater, "We have brought it to the point where we are the first opera house in the world to be equipped with certain advanced technologies. We are still at the stage of identifying them, but everything we have used so far works, so we are really satisfied,"

The renovation of the Grand Theater lasted over 25 months.

My neighbor, Pawel, is a programmer. I've written many, many blogs since I started in 2006. I have saved them all. When I go into my archive of a particular month in any year, I can recall everything that happened in our lives back then. The problem is that the last day of the month is on top and I have to scroll down to the beginning of the month. I have searched for ways to change that but found none.

I told that to Paawel and he said he would write a program for me to give me what I want done. With this program, it will copy all of my blogs and then put them in numerical sequence starting with the very first blog I wrote up to the current one. That will be invaluable for me. I talked with him yesterday and he is almost finished with it. He said the program would be able to do much more than I wanted. I'm excited about it and really looking forward to it.

Dwa lata trwały prace nad renowacją Teatru Wielkiego, która kosztowała ponad 40 milionów złotych (9,5 miliona dolarów). Udało się zmienić oświetlenie, system bezpieczeństwa, elektroakustykę i mechanikę sceny. Dzięki nowemu systemowi nagłośnienia nie będzie miało znaczenia, gdzie siedzisz, aby usłyszeć wszystkie dźwięki ze sceny. W przeszłości nie było to możliwe. To nie jest tylko system dźwiękowy, to coś zupełnie innego. Według dyrektora teatru "doprowadziliśmy go do punktu, w którym jesteśmy pierwszą operą na świecie wyposażoną w pewne zaawansowane technologie. Wciąż jesteśmy na etapie ich sprawdzania, ale wszystko, czego użyliśmy do tej pory działa, więc jesteśmy naprawdę zadowoleni". Remont Teatru Wielkiego trwał ponad 25 miesięcy. 

Mój sąsiad, Paweł, jest programistą. Odkąd, w 2006 roku, zacząłem pisać mój blog, napisałem wiele , wiele postów. Zapisałem je wszystkie. Kiedy otwieram moje archiwum w danym miesiącu, w danym roku, mogę przypomnieć sobie wszystko, co wydarzyło się wtedy w naszym życiu. Problem polega na tym, że ostatni dzień miesiąca jest na górze i muszę przewijać w dół do początku miesiąca. Szukałem sposobu, aby to zmienić, ale nie znalazłem żadnego.

Powiedziałem o tym Pawłowi, a on powiedział, że napisze dla mnie program, który da mi to, czego chcę. Ten program skopiuje wszystkie moje blogi, a następnie ułoży je w kolejności numerycznej, zaczynając od pierwszego bloga, który napisałem, aż do bieżącego. To będzie dla mnie nieocenione. Rozmawiałem z nim wczoraj i praca jest już prawie na ukończeniu. Powiedział, że program będzie w stanie zrobić znacznie więcej niż chciałem. Jestem podekscytowany i naprawdę nie mogę się doczekać.

No comments:

Post a Comment