Sunday, September 29, 2024

Half a century.

It's difficult to believe it has been that long ago that my brother, Wally, died at age 34. It brought a sadness to me that has lasted all these years since then. It has his gotten easier but on this day and his birthday, it returns. My brother was a brother and father me. He gave me advise when I needed it and sometimes when I didn't want it.  He introduced me to jazz and Jack Kerouac at the early age of 15. I still listen and read both even now. I loved him then and I still do,

After he passed, I never had a dream with him in it. Oddly, since living in Poland, I have an ocassional one one and I am thankful for that.

Trudno uwierzyć, że to było tak dawno temu, kiedy mój brat, Wally, zmarł w wieku 34 lat. Przyniosło mi to smutek, który trwał przez te wszystkie lata od tamtego czasu. Było mu łatwiej, ale w tym dniu i w dniu jego urodzin powraca. Mój brat był dla mnie bratem i ojcem. Doradzał mi, kiedy tego potrzebowałem, a czasami, kiedy tego nie chciałem.  W wieku 15 lat zapoznał mnie z jazzem i Jackiem Kerouaciem. Do dziś słucham i czytam obie te książki. Kochałem go wtedy i nadal kocham,

Po jego śmierci nigdy nie miałem snu z jego udziałem. O dziwo, odkąd mieszkam w Polsce, miewam je sporadycznie i jestem za to wdzięczny.

No comments: