Sunday, August 02, 2026

Opera Fountain

What a beautiful day! I just had to take Joan out to enjoy it. After two conversations between 11:00 and 1:00, I helped her put on a pair of shorts and her sandals, and helped her into her wheelchair. I thought this would be a good day to go and sit in front of the Opera House and enjoy watching the fountain and the people passing by. Of course, the most enjoyable side where the little children playing in the water underneath the water fountain.

We sat there for about one and a half hours watching them, looking at the row of beautiful, old trees and the sky completely free of clouds. The weather was absolutely perfect: 75 degrees Fahrenheit.

Since we were so close to Cafe Lokum, I pushed her in the chair to get us to a table in what was once the courtyard of the horse stables. I Can Only Imagine what it was like in the days when the Cobblestone floor was all grass or dirt, and the horses were behind the big doors in The Stables. I imagine in one of the libraries there must be pictures of it, but I haven't taken the time to search for that.

In the cafe, I ordered  Joan a coffee and a blueberry piece of cake with raspberry topping. She said it was excellent and she really enjoyed it.

I didn't have my camera with me, but I did take pictures with my cell phone. We really like the way the flowers are planted all around the border of the pool of water.