Thursday, August 20, 2026

Velo Bank

Once again, I'm having trouble with the new Velo Bank website. The problem started last weekend. I had two bills to pay, and of course, I went to pay them online. I signed in to my bank account, placed the order to pay the bills, and when I clicked to confirm the transfer, it told me to go back to the homepage and start again. I did that three times. Each time, the result was the same: go back to the homepage. I was frustrated. And decided to go to the bank to see if Mariusz could straighten out this problem.

I was told Mariusz was on vacation and wouldn't be back for a week. I asked if there was another person who could speak to me in English so I could explain the problem, and the receptionist asked me to sit and wait. I did. I waited, and I waited, and I waited. After waiting 45 minutes. I was getting so pissed off that I decided to leave. Of course, I still wasn't able to make the payments.

One of the payments was for the bill of electricity for the last 2 months, and it was overdue. I called Renata, our landlady/friend, and told her about my problem paying the electricity bill. I told her I had taken out the money from the bank, and that I would drive to her house tomorrow to give it to her. Instead, she told me she would pay the bill and that I could give her the money next month when she comes to pick up the rent money. Okay, that one problem is solved, but the other still remains. This new bank has given me more problems than in all the years that I was with City Handlowy.

I also do banking with the former Santander Bank, now sold to the Erste Bank. Speaking with Renata again, she told me she has been with Santander also, now Erste, and that she has had no problems with their website. So I'm contemplating taking our money out of Velo Bank and using Erste. I will still leave our Social Security checks deposited to Velo Bank because I just had to go through the process of changing paperwork in the Federal Benefits Unit in the United States to get the deposit made in Velo. When the checks do come in, I will just transfer the money to the Erste Bank account.