Monday, July 25, 2011
Reorganization.
I spent a lot of time today reorganizing my picture collection of old and new photos. Now I've got the ones I've taken since we arrived in 2007 put into each year since then, places we visited each month of each year and where they were taken. Using Paint.Net I've been able to put dates and who is in the picture on many of them. I dislike looking at photos and not knowing who the person is in it. When I first started scanning in old photos back in 2001 I was able to put that kind of information on them and, while it does distract a little from the pictures, at least now it will be known who is there and approximately when the photo was taken. I have so many pictures that were either sent to me in the mail or over the internet from different relatives families that the collection is quite large now. Combining them with the ones I already had I think I have about 13-14 thousand.
Later in the afternoon and it being nice outside, we took a little trip to our favorite cafe to have coffee and watch the parade of people go by. I especially like to watch the little kids run around the rynek chasing pidgeons. They run so fast it's amazing they never fall down.
One very interesting thing happened as we were walking through Sansoucci Park in Potsdam. Down one street we came upon a black and white sign that had one word on it..........Ende. My grandmothers maiden name was Ende and try as I have to find a trace of her all I found out is her mother and fathers name. I know she was born in Gr贸dzi膰, Poland, a little town south of Golina and have been there twice but have not found anymore so far.
Sp臋dzi艂em du偶o czasu dzisiaj reorganizacji mojej kolekcji zdj臋膰 zdj臋膰 starych i nowych. Teraz mam te wzi膮艂em od przyjechali艣my w 2007 roku wprowadzone do ka偶dego roku od tego czasu, miejsca, kt贸re odwiedzili艣my ka偶dego miesi膮ca ka偶dego roku i gdzie zosta艂y zrobione. Korzystanie Paint.Net by艂em w stanie wprowadzi膰 daty i kto jest na zdj臋ciu na wielu z nich. Nie lubi臋, patrz膮c na zdj臋cia i nie wiedz膮c, kim dana osoba jest w nim. Gdy zacz膮艂em skanowanie starych zdj臋膰 w 2001 roku uda艂o mi si臋 umie艣ci膰 tego rodzaju informacje na ich temat i cho膰 nie rozprasza膰 si臋 troch臋 od tego na zdj臋ciach, przynajmniej teraz b臋dzie wiadomo, kto tam i mniej wi臋cej kiedy zdj臋cie zosta艂o podj膮膰. Mam tyle zdj臋膰, kt贸re by艂y wysy艂ane do mnie w mailu lub przez Internet z r贸偶nych krewnych rodziny, 偶e kolekcja jest do艣膰 du偶y teraz. 艁膮cz膮c je z tymi, mia艂em ju偶 my艣l臋, 偶e oko艂o 13-14 tys.
Po po艂udniu i bycie mi艂ym zewn膮trz, zrobili艣my ma艂膮 wycieczk臋 do naszej ulubionej kawiarni na kaw臋 i obserwowa膰 parady ludzi mijaj膮. Szczeg贸lnie podoba mi si臋 ogl膮da膰 ma艂e dzieci biegaj膮 pidgeons Rynek goni. Biegaj膮 tak szybko, to niesamowite, 偶e nigdy nie spadaj膮.
Jednym z bardzo interesuj膮cych rzeczy dzia艂o si臋, jak szli艣my przez Sansoucci Park w Poczdamie. W d贸艂 o jedn膮 ulic臋 natkn臋li艣my si臋 na czarno-bia艂y znak, 偶e si臋 jedno s艂owo na to .......... Ende. Moje babcie nazwisko panie艅skie Ende i spr贸bowa膰, jak mam znale藕膰 艣ladu po niej wszystkie dowiedzia艂em si臋, jest matk膮 i nazwisko ojca. Wiem, 偶e urodzi艂 si臋 w Gr贸dzi膰, Polska, troch臋 na po艂udnie miasta Golina i by艂y tam dwa razy, ale nie znalaz艂em ju偶 tak daleko.