Sunday, January 16, 2022

Neighbor's visit.

We had a nice visit from our friends Marcin, Dorota, and Gucho from the old neighborhood. Actually, it was a cooking lesson from Dorota on how to make Żurek. She brought all of the ingredients and showed me, step by step, how to make it. While it was cooking, we had coffee and ciasto from Sowa's. We've known Gucho, their son since he was born. Now he is 13 years old and in the 7th grade. His English has surpassed his father's. We talked for about an hour and a half. I thought it was incredible for her to take the time to show me how to make the Żurek. I saw some things I did wrong and now I know. She even brought the hard-boiled eggs you need at the end of the cooking just before you eat.

Mieliśmy miłą wizytę naszych przyjaciół Marcina, Doroty i Gucho z naszej dawnej dzielnicy. Właściwie to była lekcja gotowania Doroty, która pokazała, jak zrobić żurek. Przyniosła wszystkie składniki i pokazała mi, krok po kroku, jak go zrobić. W trakcie gotowania wypiliśmy kawę i zjedliśmy ciasto od Sowy. Znamy się z Guczo, ich synem od urodzenia. Teraz ma 13 lat i jest w siódmej klasie. Jego angielski jest lepszy niż ojca. Rozmawialiśmy przez około półtorej godziny. Pomyślałem, że to niesamowite, że Dorota poświęciła swój czas, aby pokazać mi, jak zrobić żurek. Widziałem, co robiłem źle i teraz już wiem, jak wykonać poprawnie. Przyniosła nawet ugotowane na twardo jajka, które są potrzebne na koniec gotowania, a tuż przed podaniem zupy.

Tuvimos una agradable visita de nuestros amigos Marcin, Dorota y Gucho, del antiguo barrio. En realidad, fue una lección de cocina de Dorota sobre cómo hacer Żurek. Trajo todos los ingredientes y me enseñó, paso a paso, cómo hacerlo. Mientras se cocinaba, tomamos café y ciasto de Sowa's. Conocemos a Gucho, su hijo, desde que nació. Ahora tiene 13 años y está en séptimo grado. Su inglés ha superado al de su padre. Hablamos durante una hora y media. Me pareció increíble que se tomara el tiempo de enseñarme a hacer el Żurek. Vi algunas cosas que hice mal y ahora lo sé. Incluso trajo los huevos duros que se necesitan al final de la cocción, justo antes de comer.

2 comments:

  1. I hope your żurek will be tasty! :) Thank you for inviting us! I didn't know you had a blog but my parents told me so I'm following you from now on :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Gustaw. You have grown a lot since the last time I saw you. If you want to practice your English, I am always available.

    ReplyDelete