Sunday, November 06, 2022

The bus adventure.

 OK, so I got out of bed yesterday at 6:45 to get ready to take the bus to Joanna's house. At 7:20 I walked to the bus stop at Ogrody, the main stop, and read bus #191 would arrive in 11 minutes. I waited but when the bus arrived it didn't stop. Instead, it turned the corner to the right and proceeded to a second bus stop not too far away. I ran to the stop but just as I was about to reach the bus it drove off leaving me behind. I looked at the posted schedule and it said another bus would arrive in 20 minutes, 7:58. It did arrive on time and in about 8 minutes I was at the stop to exit, ul. Nadwierzbakiem. From there it was a 10-minute walk to Joanna's house.

She greeted me at the door and asked where my car was. I related the story of the car problems and told her I took the bus. I was relieved when she told me she would drive me back home. It was a little cold outside this morning and I am glad I wore a cap.

As we talked she told me about the "nightmare" she is living through having her whole house renovated. It is very hard to find good reliable workers who show up on time or for that matter, anytime at all. My friend, Radek, had the same problem when he renovated his house so hers was not the only incident. It is a very common problem here.

Then she told me about a group of ophthalmologist residents, not doctors, who have opened their own clinic and they charge patients more than she does. Joanna has years of experience in her field and yet the residents have very little. They have no one who supervises the examinations they do to make sure they are correct. To me, that sounds absurd that they can do that. NOT even finished with their residency and already they treat patients. Where is the minister of health? Why doesn't he put a stop to this?

 OK, więc wstałem z łóżka o 6:45, aby przygotować się na autobus do domu Joanny. O 7:20 poszedłem na przystanek Ogrody, główny przystanek, i przeczytałem, że autobus #191 przyjedzie za 11 minut. Czekałem, ale kiedy autobus przyjechał, nie zatrzymał się. Zamiast tego skręcił za róg w prawo i pojechał na drugi przystanek, który znajdował się niedaleko. Pobiegłem na przystanek, ale gdy tylko miałem zamiar dosięgnąć autobusu, ten odjechał zostawiając mnie w tyle. Spojrzałem na rozkład jazdy i okazało się, że kolejny autobus przyjedzie za 20 minut, o 7:58. Przyjechał na czas i po około 8. minutach byłem na przystanku na ul. Nadwierzbakiem. Stamtąd było 10 minut spacerem do domu Joanny.

Przywitała mnie w drzwiach i zapytała, gdzie jest mój samochód. Opowiedziałem jej historię o problemach z samochodem i powiedziałem, że przyjechałem autobusem. Ulżyło mi, gdy powiedziała, że odwiezie mnie do domu. Tego ranka było trochę zimno na zewnątrz i cieszę się, że założyłem czapkę.

Gdy rozmawialiśmy, opowiedziała mi o "koszmarze", który przeżywa, odnawiając cały dom. Bardzo trudno jest znaleźć dobrych, rzetelnych pracowników, którzy pojawią się w ogóle i na czas. Mój przyjaciel, Radek, miał ten sam problem, kiedy remontował swój dom, więc jej przypadek nie był jedyny. Jest to bardzo powszechny problem.

Potem opowiedziała mi o grupie rezydentów okulistyki, nie lekarzy, którzy otworzyli własną klinikę i pobierają od pacjentów większą opłatę niż ona. Pani Joanna ma wieloletnie doświadczenie w swojej dziedzinie, a tymczasem rezydenci mają bardzo mało. Nie mają nikogo, kto nadzoruje badania, które wykonują, aby upewnić się, że są one prawidłowe. Dla mnie to brzmi absurdalnie, że mogą to robić. Nawet nie skończyli rezydentury, a już leczą pacjentów. Gdzie jest minister zdrowia? Dlaczego nie położył temu kres?

No comments:

Post a Comment