Thursday, December 22, 2022

Gone.

With a heavy heart, I received the sad news that our friend, Joanna, passed away yesterday. Funeral arrangements are not made yet because she wanted her organs donated to help other people. That is the kind of kind soul she was, always willing to help someone if they needed help. I am going to miss seeing and talking with her often. It made my Saturday mornings. I always arrived early while she was making coffee for us. The topics of our conversation were numerous and I never had enough time with her.

I tried taking my mind off of her today by putting up our Christmas tree. It worked a little until it was time to put the ornaments on. There, in the box, were the Christmas ornaments she had given me on some Christmases past. After the tree was up, I received the news that she was gone.

Z ciężkim sercem przyjęłam smutną wiadomość, że wczoraj odeszła nasza przyjaciółka, Joanna. Ustalenia dotyczące pogrzebu nie zostały jeszcze poczynione, ponieważ chciała, aby jej organy zostały oddane, aby pomóc innym ludziom. To jest rodzaj miłej duszy, którą była, zawsze chętna do pomocy komuś, jeśli potrzebował pomocy. Będzie mi brakowało częstego widywania i rozmawiania z nią. Urozmaicała mi sobotnie poranki. Zawsze przychodziłam wcześnie, gdy robiła dla nas kawę. Tematy naszych rozmów były liczne i nigdy nie miałem z nią dość czasu.

Próbowałem dziś oderwać od niej myśli, stawiając naszą choinkę. To działało trochę, aż nadszedł czas, aby umieścić ozdoby na. Tam, w pudełku, były świąteczne ozdoby, które dała mi na kilku Christmases przeszłości. Po tym jak drzewo było w górę, otrzymałem wiadomość, że ona odeszła.

No comments:

Post a Comment