Thursday, February 22, 2024

Falling

 It happened again and there was nothing I could do to stop it.

Walking Joan the short distance from the bedroom to the bathroom(10 steps), her left leg collapsed and pulled me in that direction. It happened so fast I could not stop it. As she was falling and hitting the back of her head on the door, I fell with the force of 75kg on my right kneecap. The pain was great and I thought I broke the kneecap.  Fortunately. I was wrong. However for the rest of the day, it was hard to walk. Joan's collision with the door did not result in any problems for her.

Because of her weight, I was unable to get her to stand up. I called. our neighbor, Pawel, and he came right over. Between the two of us, we were able to stand her up. She was fine the rest of the day as I cautiously did the things I had to do that involved walking a little. I hope tomorrow it will be better.

To się powtórzyło i nie mogłem nic zrobić, aby to powstrzymać.

Idąc z Joan na krótką odległość z sypialni do łazienki (10 kroków), jej lewa noga zapadła się i pociągnęła mnie w tym kierunku. Stało się to tak szybko, że nie mogłem tego powstrzymać. Gdy upadała i uderzyła tyłem głowy w drzwi, ja upadłem z siłą 75 kg na prawą rzepkę. Ból był ogromny i myślałem, że złamałem rzepkę.  Na szczęście. Myliłem się. Jednak przez resztę dnia ciężko było chodzić. Zderzenie Joan z drzwiami nie spowodowało u niej żadnych problemów.

Ze względu na jej wagę, nie byłem w stanie zmusić jej do wstania. Zadzwoniłem do naszego sąsiada, Pawła, a on zaraz przyjechał. We dwójkę udało nam się ją postawić. Przez resztę dnia czuła się dobrze, a ja ostrożnie wykonywałem czynności, które wymagały chodzenia. Mam nadzieję, że jutro będzie lepiej.

No comments:

Post a Comment