Thursday, February 01, 2024

Pictures

Following up on my decision to send all the real printed photos I have collected over the past 17 years, I packed two boxes. The box for my nephew contains all the photos related to our family history. I am amazed at the number of relatives who have sent me copies or originals of their families. I scanned the originals and sent them back to them because they should have them.

The second box will go to Karen with all the photos of her mother, Karen, her brother or grandchildren.

Talking to my friend Margo last Sunday, she reminded me that one of the boxes she was keeping for me also contained many photos. I just thought: "Oh God, just not MORE photos." I arranged with her husband to bring them to us tonight when he finished work.

He arrived around 7:30 pm, carrying a large box filled with photos. I hoped that there were many framed photos in it. If so, I would just take the photos out of the frames and give away the frames. This would reduce the size of the box. However, when I opened the box, there wasn't even one with a frame. The total number of photos is larger than what I had already packed.

After Joan went to bed, I started going through some of the photos and found duplicates and triplicates of the same photo. I threw them in the garbage, which helped reduce the number of them. It will take me a few days to go through the new box.

 Po podjęciu decyzji o wysłaniu wszystkich wydrukowanych zdjęć, które zebrałem w ciągu ostatnich 17 lat, spakowałem dwa pudełka. Pudełko dla mojego siostrzeńca zawiera wszystkie zdjęcia związane z historią naszej rodziny. Jestem zdumiony liczbą krewnych, którzy wysłali mi kopie lub oryginały zdjęć swoich rodzin. Zeskanowałem oryginały i odesłałem im oryginały, ponieważ powinni je mieć.

Drugie pudełko trafi do Karen ze wszystkimi zdjęciami jej matki, Karen, jej brata lub wnuków.

Kiedy w ostatnią niedzielę rozmawialem z moją przyjaciółką Margo, przypomniała mi, że jedno z pudełek, które dla mnie trzyma, również zawiera wiele zdjęć. Pomyślałam: "O Boże, tylko nie WIĘCEJ zdjęć". Umówiłem się z jej mężem, że gdy skonczy pracę, przywiezie je do nas dziś wieczorem.

Przyjechał około 19:30, niosąc duże pudło wypełnione zdjęciami. Miałem nadzieję, że było w nim wiele oprawionych zdjęć. Jeśli tak, po prostu wyjmę zdjęcia z ramek i oddam ramki. To zmniejszyłoby rozmiar pudełka. Kiedy jednak otworzyłem pudełko, nie było w nim ani jednego zdjęcia z ramką. Łączna liczba zdjęć jest większa niż to, co już spakowałem.

Po tym, jak Joan poszła spać, zacząłem przeglądać niektóre zdjęcia i znalazłem duplikaty i triplikaty tego samego zdjęcia. Wyrzuciłem je do śmieci, co pomogło zmniejszyć ich liczbę. Przejrzenie nowego pudełka zajmie mi kilka dni.omogło zmniejszyć ich liczbę. Przejrzenie nowego pudełka zajmie mi kilka dni.

No comments:

Post a Comment