It was an unusual day for us. It started out well. We had some free coffee coupons from Sowas, so at about 1:30 in the afternoon I took Joan there, and we had coffee and ciasto. That was pleasant.
About 5:30, I put on Joan's hat and coat, put her into the wheelchair, and took her downstairs to the car. We had a meeting at 6:00 p.m. at a local hospital where one of our dearest cousins was. We haven't seen him for four or five years, and I was looking forward to this meeting. Unfortunately, he is not well, and I didn't know what to expect. He gave me good instructions to get to the floor that he was on and take the elevator; however, when we arrived at the hospital, it was an outside elevator that we had to use because I could not take Joan up the staircase. His directions for the elevator inside the building, but I didn't know that.
We went into the elevator; it took us up to the first floor, and I got out to follow his instructions to get to him. The problem was that the elevator we were in took us to the first floor in a different part of the building, and the directions didn't take me where I needed to go. I stopped at the reception desk and asked where he was, but they told me there was no such person in the building. I knew that was impossible because earlier, when we parked our car, it just so happened that there were two other cousins in the parking area.
At first I didn't recognize them, but when they got out of the car, I immediately recognized them. They told me they had just left him and were on their way home. So, I knew he was in the building; I just couldn't find him.
Eventually, I found a young person who spoke English, and she helped me to get to the floor where he was.
We only spent about 1/2 hour talking with him because his chemotherapy tired him out, and he needed to rest.
We were very happy to see him again, but at the same time, somewhat sad because of his condition.