About three months ago. The shade in front of my computer fell down, and because I didn't have time to replace it, I only got around to it today.
I went to Leroy Merlin last week and bought the parts I thought I needed for the end of the shade. When I got home, I discovered two parts wouldn't go together, and I had to return them. So that's what my day was going to be during my 3-hour break: just going back to Leroy Merlin and getting the right part.
When I got back to Merlin, they told me that I really needed to bring the shade in so they could find the right parts to fit it. I drove back home, got the shade, drove back to Merlin, and went to see the two women who were helping me. One was middle-aged, and one was younger. The younger one spoke enough English so that I could understand her.
I tried a new package of the same parts that I had, but they could not get them to fit. She said they didn't know about this type of shade because all of their newer versions were different. Then the old woman said to wait a minute while she went back to look at some of the other packages of parts. She came back with a different package, opened it up, took the parts out, and figured out how to make them work on the new shape that I had. Finally, after about 15 minutes, they had completed the project, and I was able to leave. Before I left, they told me to take my old package and get a refund for it.
Back at home, I put both ends on the shade and asked Paige, who was with Joan, to come and help me put up the shade. I'm happy to say that now I have a shade in front of this window, so I'm not blinded by the sun when it comes out during the daytime. I'm happy this is finally fixed.
I discovered a new voice-to-text application. It works very well for me now. Instead of using the one that came with the Microsoft operating system, I'm using one called Wispr Flow. It seems very accurate in what I'm saying and writing it out correctly, and it also corrects grammar and punctuation. If you'd like to do dictation when you're writing your messages or your blog, I would highly recommend you check out, Wispr Flow.