Monday, July 22, 2019

And so it goes................

Yet another disastrous meeting at the Civil Registry office this morning. This time our "case" was handled by a completely new person  A woman more like from the 1980's who made us feel like we were being interrogated more than helped. She knew nothing about the problems of the last year trying to get Joan's documents accepted. She took the 2 new documents and told us to wait in the hall while she reviewed them. Half an hour later she called us back in and said there were problems with both documents. After her explanations about leaving out the city of marriage, I explained to her that each State in the U.S. has different rules of marriage licenses and some only put the County where the marriage takes place.  Also, countries have different rules for documents and you can not expect every country to follow the rules of another.  Then she asked if it was necessary to register her birth? I said the other lady said it was if I was applying for Polish citizenship. I began to think about that and decided the other lady may have been wrong all this time. I told this woman we were finished for now and I would check with the citizenship office first before I proceed further. I was just on the verge of getting angry at this whole waste of time, 1 year, and thought it best to leave. Even though this woman was not at all pleasant, I didn't want to be like her.

At home, I checked, again, the requirements for gaining Polish citizenship and it only asks for our marriage certificate. It says nothing about previous marriages, divorces, her parents, etc. I also checked on Joan becoming an EU citizen. If I have Polish citizenship, she can apply for EU citizenship because of being married to me. Tomorrow I have an appointment at 13:00 with the citizenship department and will know more.

I am sooooooo tired off all of this. I have enough to deal with on a daily basis. I knew last night this morning would not go well from previous visits to Civil Registry. In this case, I wish I would have been wrong. Why do they make it so hard for me, in particular, to become a Polish citizen? I have all the documented proof of ancestry back to 1750. Every year I pay my taxes to Poland, I promote the beauty of Poland, the culture, the history.  Whether I agree or disagree with the current government is irrelevant. I am here and have been for 12 years. What more can I do?

Kolejne katastrofalne spotkanie w urzędzie stanu cywilnego dziś rano. Tym razem naszą „sprawą” zajmowała się zupełnie nowa osoba. Kobieta bardziej podobna do lat 80., która sprawiała, że ​​czuliśmy się, jakbyśmy byli przesłuchiwani bardziej niż pomagali. Nic nie wiedziała o problemach z zeszłego roku próbujących uzyskać akceptację dokumentów Joanny. Wzięła 2 nowe dokumenty i kazała nam poczekać w holu, a ona je przejrzała. Pół godziny później oddzwoniła do nas i powiedziała, że ​​są problemy z obydwoma dokumentami. Po wyjaśnieniach dotyczących opuszczenia miasta małżeństwa wyjaśniłem jej, że każde państwo w Stanach Zjednoczonych ma różne zasady dotyczące małżeństw, a niektórzy tylko umieszczają okręg w miejscu małżeństwa. Ponadto kraje mają różne zasady dotyczące dokumentów i nie można oczekiwać, że każdy kraj będzie przestrzegał zasad innego. Potem zapytała, czy trzeba zarejestrować jej narodziny? Powiedziałem, że druga pani powiedziała, że ​​jeśli ubiegałem się o polskie obywatelstwo. Zacząłem o tym myśleć i zdecydowałem, że ta druga kobieta mogła się mylić przez cały czas. Powiedziałem tej kobiecie, że na razie skończyliśmy i najpierw sprawdzę urząd obywatelski, zanim pójdę dalej. Byłem bliski złości na tę całą stratę czasu, 1 rok, i pomyślałem, że najlepiej odejść. Chociaż ta kobieta wcale nie była przyjemna, nie chciałam być taka jak ona.

W domu po raz kolejny sprawdziłem wymagania dotyczące uzyskania polskiego obywatelstwa i żądam tylko naszego aktu małżeństwa. Nie mówi nic o poprzednich małżeństwach, rozwodach, rodzicach itp. Sprawdziłem również, czy Joan została obywatelką UE. Jeśli mam obywatelstwo polskie, może ubiegać się o obywatelstwo UE z powodu mojego małżeństwa. Jutro mam spotkanie o 13:00 z wydziałem obywatelstwa i będę wiedział więcej.

Jestem taki baaardzo zmęczony tym wszystkim. Mam wystarczająco dużo do czynienia na co dzień. Wiedziałem, że ostatniej nocy tego ranka nie pójdzie dobrze z poprzednich wizyt w Rejestrze Cywilnym. W tym przypadku chciałbym się mylić. Dlaczego tak trudno mi w szczególności zostać obywatelem polskim? Mam wszystkie udokumentowane dowody pochodzenia do 1750 roku. Każdego roku płacę podatki do Polski, promuję piękno Polski, kulturę, historię. Nie ma znaczenia, czy zgadzam się z obecnym rządem, czy nie. Jestem tutaj i jestem od 12 lat. Co jeszcze mogę zrobić?

2 comments:

  1. I hope my application is being processed after a year of silence. Regarding the additional unnecessary documents you are being required to provide it sounds like you were asked for them and now they have no idea what they are looking for. On one hand I'm happy I applied in NYC.

    ReplyDelete
  2. John, I was asked for the Marriage license, which we gave. But it did not show how old we were, where we lived at that time, what city and it was rejected. They wanted the Application Form for The Marriage license now.

    ReplyDelete