Yes, it was. We started off after a breakfast of granola with bananas and tangerines. Next, we watched a few NFL football game highlights and then the sun came out and it warmed up. Joan hasn't been out of the flat for a few days so I took her to our usual place, Sowas.
On the way there, the yellow light on my dashboard was still telling me low tire pressure but I just filled them up with air yesterday. Our winter tires are stored in Michal and Malgorzata's house in a different location 20 km away.
When we got back in the car and backed up, there was a strange sound coming from the car. Walking around the car, I saw the left front tire was almost flat. It needed to be removed and the spare tire put on. That was a problem for me because the last time I changed a tire was when we lived in the U.S. At that time, cars had bumpers so you raised the car up by them to change a tire. Now, car bumpers, if they have them, are made of plastic and you can only lift the car in the middle part of the car.
I opened the trunk of the car to get out the scissor jack to raise the car. I couldn't find the spot where the jack should be put. It was a big dilemma for me what to do. I asked one man if he could help me but he just kept walking by me like I wasn't even there. I asked another man but he was on his way to pick up his children and had no time. What to do? Then a miraculous thing happened. In the parking in front of us, Strasz Mieksa(municipal guard) pulled up with two personnel in it. Normally, when I think of them is that they are the ones who put yellow metal boots on cars that are parked in the wrong place.
I walked over to them, knocked on their window, and explained my situation. They said they would try and help and they did. They took out the jack, put it where it should be, changed the tire, and were extremely helpful. I wanted to give them something for helping me but they refused it saying it was against the rules of their organization. I have a different opinion of them now.
Tak, by艂o. Zacz臋li艣my po 艣niadaniu od granoli z bananami i mandarynkami. Nast臋pnie obejrzeli艣my kilka najwa偶niejszych mecz贸w futbolowych NFL, a potem wysz艂o s艂o艅ce i zrobi艂o si臋 ciep艂o. Joanna od kilku dni nie wychodzi艂a z mieszkania, wi臋c zabra艂em j膮 do naszego zwyk艂ego miejsca, Sowas.
Po drodze 偶贸艂ta kontrolka na desce rozdzielczej wci膮偶 informowa艂a mnie o niskim ci艣nieniu w oponach, ale dopiero wczoraj nape艂ni艂em je powietrzem. Nasze opony zimowe s膮 przechowywane w domu Micha艂a i Ma艂gorzaty w innym miejscu oddalonym o 20 km.
Kiedy wr贸cili艣my do samochodu i cofn臋li艣my, z samochodu dochodzi艂 dziwny d藕wi臋k. Obchodz膮c samoch贸d, zobaczy艂em, 偶e lewa przednia opona jest prawie p艂aska. Trzeba by艂o j膮 zdj膮膰 i za艂o偶y膰 opon臋 zapasow膮. By艂 to dla mnie problem, poniewa偶 ostatni raz zmienia艂em opon臋, gdy mieszkali艣my w USA. W tamtych czasach samochody mia艂y zderzaki, wi臋c aby zmieni膰 opon臋, podnosi艂o si臋 samoch贸d za nie. Teraz zderzaki samochod贸w, je艣li je maj膮, s膮 wykonane z plastiku i mo偶na podnie艣膰 samoch贸d tylko w 艣rodkowej cz臋艣ci.
Otworzy艂em baga偶nik samochodu, aby wyci膮gn膮膰 podno艣nik no偶ycowy do podniesienia samochodu. Nie mog艂em znale藕膰 miejsca, w kt贸rym powinien by膰 umieszczony podno艣nik. By艂 to dla mnie du偶y dylemat co zrobi膰. Zapyta艂em jednego m臋偶czyzn臋, czy m贸g艂by mi pom贸c, ale on po prostu przechodzi艂 obok mnie, jakby mnie tam w og贸le nie by艂o. Zapyta艂em innego m臋偶czyzn臋, ale on by艂 w drodze po swoje dzieci i nie mia艂 czasu. Co robi膰?
Wtedy sta艂a si臋 cudowna rzecz. Na parking przed nami podjecha艂 Strasz Mieksa z dwoma osobami w 艣rodku. Normalnie, gdy my艣l臋 o nich, to my艣l臋, 偶e to ci, kt贸rzy zak艂adaj膮 偶贸艂te metalowe buty na samochody, kt贸re s膮 zaparkowane w niew艂a艣ciwym miejscu.
Podszed艂em do nich, zapuka艂em w okno i wyja艣ni艂em swoj膮 sytuacj臋. Powiedzieli, 偶e spr贸buj膮 pom贸c i tak te偶 zrobili. Wyj臋li podno艣nik, ustawili go tam, gdzie powinien by膰, zmienili opon臋 i byli niezwykle pomocni. Chcia艂em im co艣 da膰 za pomoc, ale odm贸wili m贸wi膮c, 偶e to wbrew zasadom ich organizacji. Teraz mam o nich inne zdanie.