Monday, October 24, 2022

Unusual day.

Yes, it was. We started off after a breakfast of granola with bananas and tangerines.  Next, we watched a few NFL football game highlights and then the sun came out and it warmed up. Joan hasn't been out of the flat for a few days so I took her to our usual place, Sowas.

On the way there, the yellow light on my dashboard was still telling me low tire pressure but I just filled them up with air yesterday. Our winter tires are stored in Michal and Malgorzata's house in a different location 20 km away.

When we got back in the car and backed up, there was a strange sound coming from the car. Walking around the car, I saw the left front tire was almost flat. It needed to be removed and the spare tire put on. That was a problem for me because the last time I changed a tire was when we lived in the U.S. At that time, cars had bumpers so you raised the car up by them to change a tire. Now, car bumpers, if they have them, are made of plastic and you can only lift the car in the middle part of the car.

I opened the trunk of the car to get out the scissor jack to raise the car. I couldn't find the spot where the jack should be put. It was a big dilemma for me what to do. I asked one man if he could help me but he just kept walking by me like I wasn't even there. I asked another man but he was on his way to pick up his children and had no time. What to do? Then a miraculous thing happened. In the parking in front of us, Strasz Mieksa(municipal guard) pulled up with two personnel in it. Normally, when I think of them is that they are the ones who put yellow metal boots on cars that are parked in the wrong place.

I walked over to them, knocked on their window, and explained my situation. They said they would try and help and they did. They took out the jack, put it where it should be, changed the tire, and were extremely helpful. I wanted to give them something for helping me but they refused it saying it was against the rules of their organization. I have a different opinion of them now.

Tak, było. Zaczęliśmy po śniadaniu od granoli z bananami i mandarynkami.  Następnie obejrzeliśmy kilka najważniejszych meczów futbolowych NFL, a potem wyszło słońce i zrobiło się ciepło. Joanna od kilku dni nie wychodziła z mieszkania, więc zabrałem ją do naszego zwykłego miejsca, Sowas.

Po drodze żółta kontrolka na desce rozdzielczej wciąż informowała mnie o niskim ciśnieniu w oponach, ale dopiero wczoraj napełniłem je powietrzem. Nasze opony zimowe są przechowywane w domu Michała i Małgorzaty w innym miejscu oddalonym o 20 km.

Kiedy wróciliśmy do samochodu i cofnęliśmy, z samochodu dochodził dziwny dźwięk. Obchodząc samochód, zobaczyłem, że lewa przednia opona jest prawie płaska. Trzeba było ją zdjąć i założyć oponę zapasową. Był to dla mnie problem, ponieważ ostatni raz zmieniałem oponę, gdy mieszkaliśmy w USA. W tamtych czasach samochody miały zderzaki, więc aby zmienić oponę, podnosiło się samochód za nie. Teraz zderzaki samochodów, jeśli je mają, są wykonane z plastiku i można podnieść samochód tylko w środkowej części.

Otworzyłem bagażnik samochodu, aby wyciągnąć podnośnik nożycowy do podniesienia samochodu. Nie mogłem znaleźć miejsca, w którym powinien być umieszczony podnośnik. Był to dla mnie duży dylemat co zrobić. Zapytałem jednego mężczyznę, czy mógłby mi pomóc, ale on po prostu przechodził obok mnie, jakby mnie tam w ogóle nie było. Zapytałem innego mężczyznę, ale on był w drodze po swoje dzieci i nie miał czasu. Co robić?

Wtedy stała się cudowna rzecz. Na parking przed nami podjechał Strasz Mieksa z dwoma osobami w środku. Normalnie, gdy myślę o nich, to myślę, że to ci, którzy zakładają żółte metalowe buty na samochody, które są zaparkowane w niewłaściwym miejscu.

Podszedłem do nich, zapukałem w okno i wyjaśniłem swoją sytuację. Powiedzieli, że spróbują pomóc i tak też zrobili. Wyjęli podnośnik, ustawili go tam, gdzie powinien być, zmienili oponę i byli niezwykle pomocni. Chciałem im coś dać za pomoc, ale odmówili mówiąc, że to wbrew zasadom ich organizacji. Teraz mam o nich inne zdanie.

No comments:

Post a Comment