Monday, August 01, 2022

Angry!

 I am so pissed off! Last week I wrote, in English, that I needed our caregiver to be here at 9:30 because I had to go for a medical procedure at 10:00. When I was done, I translated it into Polish for her to read. I asked her if she understood and she said yes.

In order to prepare for the procedure, I had to drink 2 1/2 liters of water on Saturday. On Sunday, I had to drink 2 liters of water with a special mixture from the Apteka at 10:00 to clean out my system. At 6 PM, I had to repeat the process. There were many things I could not eat and before the procedure on Monday, I had to not drink anything 6 hours before or eat anything 4 hours.

OK, I followed all instructions and on Monday, I ordered a Taxi to pick me up at 9:30. It arrived but the caregiver didn't. I called the doctor and told him about the problem of the missing caregiver and that without her I couldn't leave Joan alone. He said he had a full schedule for the day and make a new appointment. All of the preparation for the exam was wasted and I was angry about it.

Finally, at 10:15 to caregiver arrived like she usually does at that time. I wrote and translated a message that I told her to be here this time at 9:30 and she said she forgot the new arrangement of time. She apologized several times, called the doctor and made a new appointment for the procedure, August 18th at 7 PM. It was the earliest shee could get. I hate waiting that long because if I am serioously ill, time is of the essence to diagnose what it is.

On tthe bright side, I did have the time now to get another chest xray and the results will be on Wednesday. At least that much was accomplished.

Still, it's just another frustration added to the list of waiting to know what is wrong.

Jestem taki wkurzony!!! W zeszłym tygodniu napisałem po angielsku, że potrzebuję, aby nasza opiekunka była u nas o 9:30, bo o 10:00 muszę iść na zabieg medyczny. Kiedy skończyłem, przetłumaczyłem  na polski, żeby mogła przeczytać. Zapytałem ją, czy rozumie, a ona odpowiedziała, że tak. 

Aby przygotować się do zabiegu, musiałem w sobotę wypić 2 1/2 litra wody. W niedzielę o 10:00 musiałem wypić 2 litry wody ze specjalną mieszanką z Apteki, aby oczyścić mój system trawienny. O 6 wieczorem musiałem powtórzyć ten proces. Było wiele rzeczy, których nie mogłem jeść i przed zabiegiem w poniedziałek, musiałem nie pić nic 6 godzin przed ani nie jeść nic 4 godziny. 

OK, zastosowałem się do wszystkich instrukcji i w poniedziałek zamówiłem Taxi, które miało mnie odebrać o 9:30. Przyjechało, ale opiekunka nie było. Zadzwoniłem do lekarza i powiedziałem mu o problemie nieobecnosci opiekunki i że bez niej nie mogę zostawić Joan samej. Powiedział, że ma pełny grafik na ten dzień i umówi się na nowy termin. Całe przygotowanie do badania poszło na marne, a ja byłem zły. 

W końcu o 10:15  opiekunka dotarła jak zwykła o tej porze. Napisałem i przetłumaczyłem wiadomość, że prosiłem ją, by była o 9:30, a ona powiedziała, że zapomniała o naszym ustaleniu . Przeprosiła kilka razy, zadzwoniła  do lekarza i umówiła na nowy termin zabiegu, 18 sierpnia o 7 PM. To był najwcześniejszy możliwy termin. Nienawidzę długiego czekania  szczególnie w przypadku, jeśli jestem poważnie chory, a wtedy  czas jest istotny, by zdiagnozować, co to jest. 

Dobrą wieścią jest to, że miałem czas na wykonanie zdjęcia płuc , a wynik będzie już w środę. Przynajmniej tyle zostało osiągnięte. 

Jednak, do listy oczekiwania,  by wiedzieć,  co jest nie tak, została dodana jeszcze jedna frustracja.

 ¡Estoy muy cabreada! La semana pasada escribí, en inglés, que necesitaba que nuestra cuidadora estuviera aquí a las 9:30 porque tenía que ir a un procedimiento médico a las 10:00. Cuando terminé, lo traduje al polaco para que lo leyera. Le pregunté si lo había entendido y me dijo que sí.

Para prepararme para el procedimiento, tuve que beber 2 litros y medio de agua el sábado. El domingo, tuve que beber 2 litros de agua con una mezcla especial del Apteka a las 10:00 para limpiar mi sistema. A las 6 de la tarde, tuve que repetir el proceso. Había muchas cosas que no podía comer y antes del procedimiento del lunes, tenía que no beber nada 6 horas antes ni comer nada 4 horas.

Bien, seguí todas las instrucciones y el lunes, pedí un Taxi para que me recogiera a las 9:30. Llegó pero el cuidador no. Llamé al médico y le comenté el problema de la cuidadora que faltaba y que sin ella no podía dejar sola a Juana. Me dijo que tenía la agenda llena para ese día y que le diera una nueva cita. Toda la preparación para el examen se desperdició y me enfadé por ello.

Finalmente, a las 10:15 llegó la cuidadora como suele hacer a esa hora. Le escribí y traduje un mensaje en el que le decía que viniera esta vez a las 9:30 y me decía que se había olvidado del nuevo arreglo de la hora. Se disculpó varias veces, llamó al médico y concertó una nueva cita para el procedimiento, el 18 de agosto a las 19 horas. Era lo más temprano que podía conseguir. Odio esperar tanto tiempo porque si estoy gravemente enfermo, el tiempo es esencial para diagnosticar lo que es.

El lado positivo es que ahora tengo tiempo para hacerme otra radiografía de tórax y los resultados estarán el miércoles. Al menos eso se ha conseguido.

Sin embargo, es una frustración más que se añade a la lista de espera para saber lo que está mal.

No comments:

Post a Comment