Sunday, October 28, 2018

Amy's 4th day

It's really hard to respond to the blog. We've  been entertaining for 4 nights a cousin from Seattle and her friend. It's been good to get to know Amy. We've seen a few places in Pozna艅, drank a lot of Wisn贸wka, and learned a lot about each other's lives. The more time I spend with her, the more I like her. This is funny. This is why I came to Poland, to find out more about my cousins and yet I have to wait for cousins from America to come here to find out more about them.  Why do I not know more about cousins who live in Poland? Is there something wrong that cousins living here do not want to have contact with me?  Is it because I was born in America and even though my bloodline is as Polish as theirs they do not still consider me a relative?  Is is my fault my parents were born in America?  I tire of this game. I have so many cousins cousins here and yet so few want to have contact with me. Why? It is a questions that bothers me for many years.

I have done so much research on our family and yet so few are interested in it. Don't they care ? Why are only the Americans interested in the family history and those who actually live here not? These are questions that have puzzled me for many years and still I have no answers. I have no answers.  All I can do is move forward and hope that someday, before I die, some one will take an interest in the history and all that I have done will not be in vain.  It is frustrating to think it will all die with me.

Last night, after dinner, we played Scrabble and drank another 3 bottles of Wisn贸wka. This has been a very unusual weekend of drinking for us but with guests it was an exception. The last time we drank so much was when my nephew was here.

Today Amy made breakfast for us all. Scrambled eggs with mushrooms, cheese, bacon and spices. I provided the after breakfast dessert, rogala's. It was, of course, the first time they had them and they liked them very much.

When breakfast was over, I took them to see the castle in K贸rnik. It surprised me. With money from the EU, they have renovated the outside of it and it looks new. I liked it better when it was gray and looked old. We spent a couple of hours there and then returned home.

Naprawd臋 trudno jest odpowiedzie膰 na blogu. Przez 4 noce byli艣my rozrywk膮 kuzyna z Seattle i jej przyjaci贸艂ki. Dobrze by艂o pozna膰 Amy. Poznali艣my kilka miejsc w Poznaniu, pili艣my du偶o Wisn贸wki i wiele si臋 nauczyli艣my o 偶yciu innych. Im wi臋cej czasu z ni膮 sp臋dzam, tym bardziej j膮 lubi臋. To jest zabawne. W艂a艣nie dlatego przyjecha艂em do Polski, aby dowiedzie膰 si臋 wi臋cej o moich kuzynach, a jednak musz臋 czeka膰 na kuzyn贸w z Ameryki, aby przyby膰 tutaj, aby dowiedzie膰 si臋 wi臋cej na ich temat. Dlaczego nie wiem wi臋cej na temat kuzyn贸w, kt贸rzy mieszkaj膮 w Polsce? Czy co艣 jest nie tak, 偶e 偶yj膮cy tu kuzyni nie chc膮 mie膰 ze mn膮 kontaktu? Czy to dlatego, 偶e urodzi艂em si臋 w Ameryce i mimo 偶e moja rasa jest r贸wnie polska, jak i moja, nie uwa偶aj膮 mnie za krewnego? Czy to moja wina, 偶e ​​moi rodzice urodzili si臋 w Ameryce? M臋cz臋 si臋 t膮 gr膮. Mam tak wielu kuzyn贸w kuzyn贸w, a jednak tak niewielu chce mie膰 ze mn膮 kontakt. Czemu? To pytania, kt贸re dr臋cz膮 mnie od wielu lat.

Zrobi艂em tak wiele bada艅 nad nasz膮 rodzin膮, a tak ma艂o jest zainteresowanych. Nie obchodzi ich to? Dlaczego tylko Amerykanie s膮 zainteresowani histori膮 rodziny i tymi, kt贸rzy rzeczywi艣cie tu mieszkaj膮? S膮 to pytania, kt贸re zastanawiaj膮 mnie od wielu lat i wci膮偶 nie mam odpowiedzi. Nie mam odpowiedzi. Wszystko, co mog臋 zrobi膰, to i艣膰 naprz贸d i mie膰 nadziej臋, 偶e pewnego dnia, zanim umr臋, kto艣 zainteresuje si臋 histori膮 i wszystko, co zrobi艂em, nie b臋dzie na pr贸偶no. Frustruj膮ce jest my艣lenie, 偶e wszystko umrze razem ze mn膮.

Ostatniej nocy, po kolacji, grali艣my w Scrabble i wypili艣my kolejne 3 butelki Wisn贸wki. To by艂 bardzo niezwyk艂y weekend picia dla nas, ale z go艣膰mi by艂 to wyj膮tek. Ostatnim razem, kiedy tak du偶o pili艣my, by艂 m贸j bratanek.


Dzisiaj Amy zrobi艂a dla nas 艣niadanie. Jajecznica z pieczarkami, serem, boczkiem i przyprawami. Dostarczy艂em deser po 艣niadaniu, rogala. To by艂 pierwszy raz, kiedy je mieli i bardzo im si臋 podoba艂o.

Gdy 艣niadanie si臋 sko艅czy艂o, zabra艂em je na zamek w K贸rniku. To mnie zaskoczy艂o. Dzi臋ki pieni膮dzom z UE odnowili na zewn膮trz i wygl膮daj膮 na nowe. Podoba艂o mi si臋 lepiej, gdy by艂o szaro i wygl膮da艂o na stare. Sp臋dzili艣my tam kilka godzin, a potem wr贸cili艣my do domu.