Monday, December 20, 2021

A Christmas Miracle.

I wrote before about losing the main "pilot" key to the car. I searched everywhere 5 times to no avail. I  thought this morning I would go to the Fiat dealer to have a new one made. My friend, Michal, told me the cost was 500 PLN($122) because they not only made the key but they had to reprogram the car to recognize the signal from the pilot to open and close the doors. I wasn't looking forward to losing another 500 PLN.

Last night, during dinner, the owner of our flat called and asked if I had found the key. I was surprised he knew about it but sometimes he reads this blog. I told him unfortunately no I had not found it. He said he had good news. He received a call from a young man who found my key and wanted to return it to me.

It's a great mystery to me how that man was able to find the owner of our flat, out of all the flats in this complex. However, he did and I called him to ask if he would meet me. In about 15 minutes he was at the front door of the building and gave me the key. I offered him a reward but he refused it. He said he found it by the rubbish dump but I don't remember taking out the garbage so I never looked there.

Later in the evening, I received an SMS from the owner,  Mariusz, inviting us to spend Wigilia(Christmas Eve) with him and his wife. I thought that was very kind of him but first I have to talk about it with Joan. He has been here on a few occasions and I think Joan is comfortable around him. I just don't know how she will feel around more people she hasn't met before. It's a delicate situation now because of her declining mental state. I would not hesitate to say yes if she was in good health. I like talking with Mariusz.

Pisałem wcześniej o zgubieniu głównego klucza "pilota" do samochodu. Szukałem wszędzie 5 razy ale bezskutecznie. Pomyślałem, że dziś rano pojadę do dealera Fiata, aby dorobić nowy. Mój przyjaciel, Michał, powiedział mi, że koszt to 500 zł (122 dolary), ponieważ nie tylko dorobią klucz, ale będą  musieli przeprogramować samochód, aby rozpoznał sygnał z pilota do otwierania i zamykania drzwi. Nie cieszyłem się na myśl o stracie kolejnych 500 zł. 

Wczoraj wieczorem, podczas kolacji, zadzwonił właściciel naszego mieszkania i zapytał czy znalazłem klucz. Zdziwiłem się, że o tym wie, ale czasami czyta tego bloga. Powiedziałem mu, że niestety nie, nie znalazłem go. Powiedział, że ma dobrą wiadomość. Otrzymał telefon od młodego człowieka, który znalazł mój klucz i chciał mi go zwrócić. 

Jest dla mnie wielką tajemnicą, jak ten człowiek był w stanie znaleźć właściciela naszego mieszkania, spośród wszystkich mieszkań w tym kompleksie. Jednak udało mu się,  zadzwoniłem do niego, aby zapytać, czy mógłby się ze mną spotkać. Po mniej więcej 15. minutach był przy drzwiach wejściowych do budynku i dał mi klucz. Zaoferowałem mu nagrodę, ale odmówił. Powiedział, że znalazł go przy śmietniku, ale nie pamiętam, żebym wynosił śmieci, więc nigdy tam nie zaglądałem. 

Późnym wieczorem otrzymałem SMS-a od właściciela mieszkania, Mariusza, zapraszającego nas do spędzenia Wigilii z nim i jego żoną. Pomyślałem, że to bardzo miło z jego strony, ale najpierw muszę porozmawiać o tym z Joan. Był tu już kilka razy i myślę, że Joan czuje się przy nim swobodnie. Nie wiem tylko, jak będzie się czuła przy większej liczbie osób, których wcześniej nie poznała. To delikatna sytuacja ze względu na jej pogarszający się stan psychiczny. Nie wahałbym się powiedzieć "tak", gdyby była w dobrym zdrowiu. Lubię rozmawiać z Mariuszem.

Ya escribí antes que había perdido la llave principal del coche. He buscado por todas partes 5 veces pero sin éxito. He pensado en ir esta mañana al concesionario Fiat para que me hagan uno nuevo. Mi amigo, Michal, me dijo que el coste sería de 500 libras esterlinas (122 dólares) porque no sólo tendrían que hacer una llave, sino que tendrían que reprogramar el coche para que reconociera la señal del mando para abrir y cerrar las puertas. No me gustó la idea de perder otros 500 zlotys. 

Anoche, durante la cena, me llamó el dueño de nuestro piso y me preguntó si había encontrado la llave. Me sorprendió que lo supiera, pero a veces lee este blog. Le dije que desgraciadamente no, no lo había encontrado. Dijo que tenía buenas noticias. Había recibido una llamada de un joven que había encontrado mi llave y quería devolvérmela. 

Es un gran misterio para mí cómo este hombre fue capaz de encontrar al propietario de nuestro piso, de entre todos los pisos del complejo. Sin embargo, lo consiguió y le llamé para preguntarle si podía reunirse conmigo. Al cabo de unos 15 minutos, estaba en la puerta principal del edificio y me dio la llave. Le ofrecí una recompensa, pero la rechazó. Dijo que lo había encontrado junto al cubo, pero yo no recordaba haber sacado la basura, así que nunca miré allí. 

Esa misma noche recibí un mensaje de texto de mi casero, Mariusz, invitándonos a pasar la Nochebuena con él y su mujer. Me pareció muy amable por su parte, pero primero tenía que hablar con Joan de ello. Ya ha estado aquí unas cuantas veces y creo que Joan se siente cómodo con él. No sé cómo se sentirá con más gente que no ha conocido antes. Es una situación delicada por el deterioro de su estado mental. No dudaría en decir que sí si tuviera buena salud. Me gusta hablar con Mariusz.

2 comments:

  1. Ten młody człowiek, który znalazł klucz od auta oczywiście nie widział do kogo on należy. Napisał post na grupie sąsiedzkiej na fb, że znalazł jakiś klucz do auta. Ja to przeczytałem i skojarzyłem z informacją, którą widziałem na blogu Davida o zagubionym kluczu. Skontaktowałem Davida ze znalazcą klucza. Pozdrawiam Mariusz
    The young man who found the key to the car obviously did not see who it belonged to. He wrote a post on the neighborhood group on Facebook that he found some key to the car. I read it and associated it with the information I saw on David's blog about the lost key. I put David in touch with the finder of the key. Regards Mariusz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous2:20 AM

    What a Christmas~miracle story, indeed, David! From the angels on High looking out for you, to the kindness of Earth-angels/friends/neighbors!
    May you ALL enjoy the Wigilia celebration, and many New Year's blessings!

    ������������⛄❄☃️

    MERRY CHRISTMAS!
    ~Ess

    ~MERRY CHRISTMAS!

    ReplyDelete