Thursday, August 09, 2018

Hot day + repost

36c is the temperature but it feels more like 39c. We had to go food shopping today and  walking out of the air-conditioned store to the outside was like walking into a wall of heat. It wasn't pleasant. Even in our flat it was 31c but the breeze helped make it seem not so hot. Thankfully the forecast high for tomorrow is 24c. That will be a very welcomed change in the weather. The food for next week was 148PLN. A little high, mainly because I bought "fresh" salmon for dinner that cost 25PLN.

On days like today there is little to do outside. It is better to stay inside, drink lots of water but don't just spend the day sitting in front of the TV watching the news. It's too depressing. We prefer to study, read, talk, play a game and then in the evening watch a movie or an old serial. Joan has one she likes a lot, me too, "Northern Exposure" about a small village in Alaska. However, I've seen it so many times, now I take a laptop, sit next to her, and study Polish or Spanish while just listening to it through headphones. 

Temperatura 36C , ale odczuwa si臋 jakby by艂o 39C. Dzisiaj musieli艣my  i艣膰 na zakupy spo偶ywcze i wyj艣cie z klimatyzowanego sklepu na zewn膮trz by艂o jak wej艣cie w 艣cian臋 ciep艂a. To nie by艂o przyjemne. Nawet w naszym mieszkaniu by艂o 31C, ale wiaterek sprawia艂, 偶e wydawa艂o si臋 nie tak gor膮co. Na szcz臋艣cie prognoza na jutro to 24C. To b臋dzie bardzo pozytywna zmiana pogody. Rachunek za 偶ywno艣膰 na przysz艂y tydzie艅 wyni贸s艂 148PLN. Troch臋 wysoki, g艂贸wnie dlatego, 偶e kupi艂em "艣wie偶ego" 艂ososia na obiad, kt贸ry kosztowa艂 25PLN.

W takie dni jak dzisiaj niewiele jest do robienia na zewn膮trz. Lepiej jest pozosta膰 wewn膮trz, pi膰 du偶o wody, ale nie sp臋dza膰  dnia siedz膮c tylko przed telewizorem i ogl膮daj膮c wiadomo艣ci. To zbyt przygn臋biaj膮ce. Wolimy si臋 uczy膰, czyta膰, rozmawia膰, gra膰 w gry, a wieczorem obejrze膰 film lub stary serial. Joan ma taki jeden, kt贸ry bardzo lubi, ja te偶: "Northern Exposure" o ma艂ej wiosce na Alasce. Chocia偶 widzia艂em go ju偶 wiele razy to bior臋 laptopa, siadam obok niej i ucz臋 si臋 polskiego lub hiszpa艅skiego, s艂uchaj膮c  przez s艂uchawki.


xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I made a mistake and deleted this past Tuesday post so I have re-posted it here ..................................

The heat wave is back but just for 3 day, Tues. 33c, Wed. 36c, Thurs. 35c, and then it starts going down into the upper 20's.

I spent an hour with Radek just in small conversation without any grammar involved. We are going to rotate our lessons now, 1 lesson of grammar, the next only conversation. I know enough now to do this and need the practice speaking.  I definitely want to be more conversive by the time we return to Spain next year.

Joan spent the morning preparing cold ch艂odnik soup for our dinner tonight while I was with Radek. The kitchen wasn't wasn't so warm yet so it was a good time to do the work.On days like today it's better to just sit in the living room, read, study, watch a movie and drink lots of water. Even with a warm breeze flowing through the flat, it's the coolest place to be.

The postman delivered my official registration of birth in the Polish Registry today. I thought about putting it on this blog but in today's world I don't think it's a good idea to post official state documents. Now I'm just waiting for our marriage license and Joan's birth certificate to be registered before I can proceed with the citizenship application.

 Fala upa艂贸w powraca, ale tylko na 3 dni, wt. 33C, 艣r. 36C, czw. 35C, a nast臋pnie zacznie spada膰 do najwy偶ej troch臋 powy偶ej 20C.

Sp臋dzi艂em godzin臋 z Radkiem w ma艂ej rozmowie bez 偶adnej gramatyki. Zamienimy teraz nasze lekcje na: 1 lekcj臋 gramatyki a nast臋pna tylko rozmowa. Wiem wystarczaj膮co du偶o, aby to zrobi膰 i potrzebuj臋 膰wicze艅 w m贸wieniu.  Gdy w przysz艂ym roku wr贸cimy do Hiszpanii, zdecydowanie chc臋 by膰 bardziej „rozmowny”.

Kiedy ja by艂em z Radkiem, Joan sp臋dzi艂a ranek przygotowuj膮c  ch艂odnik na kolacj臋 dzi艣 wieczorem. Kuchni nie by艂a jeszcze nagrzana, wi臋c to by艂 dobry czas na tak膮 prac臋. W takich dniach jak dzisiaj lepiej po prostu usi膮艣膰 w salonie, czyta膰, uczy膰 si臋, ogl膮da膰 film i pi膰 du偶o wody. Nawet z ciep艂ym wiatrem p艂yn膮cym przez mieszkanie, jest to najch艂odniejsze miejsce.

Dzisiaj listonosz dostarczy艂 dokument zarejestrowania aktu urodzenia w Urz臋dzie Stanu Cywilnego. Pomy艣la艂em o umieszczeniu tego na tym blogu, ale w dzisiejszym 艣wiecie nie s膮dz臋, 偶e dobrym pomys艂em jest publikowanie oficjalnych dokument贸w pa艅stwowych. Teraz czekam tylko na zarejestrowanie naszego aktu ma艂偶e艅stwa i aktu urodzenia Joanny, zanim b臋d臋 m贸g艂 przyst膮pi膰 do wniosku o obywatelstwo.