Saturday, August 18, 2018

Time passes

Saturday night, sitting on the balcony at the table and looking up at the deep blue sky I can see a few silver speckles of stars hanging in space representing a few of the millions of stars above me but the electric street lights and house lights prevent any real view of stars like the night Joan and I spent on top of a mountain in Colorado, warm in our sleeping bags, staying up all night to watch the world turn before our eyes as the stars moved from right to left in front of us. We were 14,000 feet above sea level with no lights and the stars were ever Even from our house to that but not as quite so many stars. However, we were treated to another marvelous sight, the dancing gases of the Aurora Borealis reflecting it's beautiful spectacle of colors on the waters of the lake and in the sky. Even from our house it was possible to lay at night in lawn chairs and watch the show. We had a valley behind our house and when the dance began, it covered the whole sky.

When I look to my left, through the window, on the walls I see the dozens of family pictures that make up the museum of my family history displayed before my eyes reminding me everyday of all the people I am connected to through blood. of all the years, months, days, hours, it took to gather the information I have now back to the 1700's and what will happen to it now that my own son is dead. There isn't a room in our flat where pictures don't remind me.  Only cousin Krzysztof has the same interest in genealogy as I do but none of the younger generations show any. I have no regret about the work I put into this, I only regret I have no son to leave it to now.

 Earlier we received an email from the U.S, Embassy in Warsaw about completing a new Federal Post Card Application.   We  must complete a new FPCA to ensure we receive our ballot for the 2018 elections.  The completion of the FPCA allows us to request absentee ballots for all elections for federal offices (President, U.S. Senate, and U.S. House of Representatives) including primaries and special elections during the calendar year in which it is submitted.  The FPCA is accepted by all local election officials in all U.S. states and territories.

I went to the website, setup accounts for both of us, filled out the formd, printed them and took them to be scanned o a pendrive, When I  got back home I emailed them to Illinois. Now we just wait until September to get our ballots for the November 6 elections.

Sobotnia noc, światła gwiazd, gwiazdy, światła, gwiazdy, światła, gwiazdy realnego widoku gwiazd i reszty świata na świecie. Mieliśmy 14 000 stóp nad poziomem morza. Zostaliśmy jednak potraktowani do innego cudownego widoku, tańca Aurory Borealis odbijającej się nad jeziorem. Nawet widok na dom. Wokół naszego domu była dolina.

Kiedy patrzę na moją rodzinę, obserwuję moją rodzinę. Jestem połączony z moją rodziną. Jestem podłączony do mojej krwi. Moje życie jest martwe, zobaczę to wszystko. W naszym mieszkaniu nie ma pokoju, w którym zdjęcia mi nie przypominają. Jedynie kuzyn Krzysztof ma takie samo zainteresowanie genealogią jak ja, ale żadna z młodszych generacji nie wykazuje. Nie żałuję tej pracy. Nie mam syna, który by to zostawił.

Wcześniej otrzymaliśmy e-mail od ambasady USA w Warszawie o wypełnieniu nowej federalnej aplikacji pocztowej. Musimy ukończyć nową FPCA, aby zapewnić nasze głosowanie w wyborach w 2018 roku. Prezydent Rzeczypospolitej Polskiej, przewodniczący Senatu Stanów Zjednoczonych i Izba Reprezentantów USA, w tym osoby startujące, które zostały zgłoszone do wyborów. FPCA jest przyjmowana przez wszystkich lokalnych urzędników wybranych we wszystkich stanach i terytoriach USA.

Wróciłem do strony internetowej, wróciłem, wróciłem do strony internetowej. Wysłałem je e-mailem do Illinois. Teraz czekamy tylko na wrzesień, aby uzyskać nasze karty do głosowania w wyborach 6 listopada.

2 comments:

  1. I love your comments about being connected through pictures. You are so correct! Pictures are a tangible link to important people, places and events in the past. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Paul Francis, Thank you for your comment and being a reader. "It's for people like you that keep me turned on". E.J.

    ReplyDelete