Sunday, August 19, 2018

John Denver

Last night I was watching an old concert of the American singer/songwriter, John Denver. He died in 1997, age 54, in a plane crash. Lately I've thinking about my own life but wasn't able to express my thoughts the way he did so here are his words............................

I've been lately thinking about my life's time, all the things I've done and how it's been.
And I can't help believing, in my own mind, I know I'm gonna hate to see it end.
I've seen a lot of sunshine, slept out in the rain, spent a night or two all on my own.
I've known my lady's pleasures, had myself some friends, and spent a time or two in my own home.
And I have to say it now, it's been a good life all in all. It's really fine to have a chance to hang around
and lie there by the fire and watch the evening tire and talk of poems and prayers and promises and things that we believe in.

How sweet it is to love someone, how right it is to care, how long it's been since yesterday and what about tomorrow and what about our dreams and all the memories we share.
The days they pass so quickly now, nights are seldom long and time around me whispers when it's cold.

The changes somehow frighten me, still I have to smile, it turns me on to think of growing old. For though my life's been good to me there's still so much to do, so many things my mind has never known.

I have to say it now, it's been a good life all in all. It's really fine to have the chance to hang around.


Songwriter: John Denver
Poems, Prayers and Promises lyrics © Warner/Chappell Music, Inc, Reservoir One Music
 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4d-NmoMHBbE



Ostatniej nocy oglądałem stary koncert amerykańskiego piosenkarza / kompozytora i autora tekstów, Johna Denvera. Zginął w 1997 roku, w wieku 54, w katastrofie lotniczej. Ostatnio myślałem o własnym życiu, ale nie byłbym w stanie wyrazić moich myśli tak jak robił to on, więc oto jego słowa ....................... .....

Myślałem ostatnio o moim życiu, tym co robiłem, jakie było.
I nie mogę przestać sądzić, w głębi mojego umysłu, że będę nienawidzić tego, że nadejdzie jego koniec.
Widziałem dużo słońca, spałem w deszczu, spędziłem noc lub dwie całkiem sam
Wiem, co sprawia przyjemność mojej pani, miałem przyjaciół i byłem chwilę czy dwie w moim własnym domu.
I muszę powiedzieć, że to było w sumie dobre życie. Dobrze jest trochę się poobijać,
poleżeć przy kominku, patrzeć na zmierzch i mówić wiersze i modlitwy i obietnice i rzeczy, w które wierzymy.

Jak słodko jest kochać kogoś, jak dobrze troszczyć, jak dużo czasu minęło od wczoraj, i co będzie jutro, i jakie będą nasze marzenia i wszystkie wspomnienia, które mamy.
Dni tak szybko mijają, noce rzadko są długie, a czas wokół mnie szepcze, gdy jest zimno.

Zmiany trochę mnie przerażają, ale staram się uśmiechać, kręci mnie myśl o starzeniu się. Bo choć moje życie było dobre dla mnie, jest jeszcze tyle do zrobienia, tak wielu rzeczy mój umysł nigdy nie poznał..

Muszę to powiedzieć teraz, to było w sumie dobre życie. Dobrze móc się powałęsać.


Autor: John Denver

2 comments:

  1. John Denver such an iconic talent. His lyrics still ring true.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous4:30 PM

    Linda from Texas

    How funny you should post this and on Sunday I watched a show The John Denver Story - The Plane Crash. It was a reanactment of his day and the theories about how the crash might have happened. They interviewed his friends and an older couple who saw some of what happened. That plane looked like something you would ride at an amusement park. I am glad I don’t have a daredevil gene.

    ReplyDelete