Friday, March 02, 2007

Aunt Stell

The passing of Aunt Stell is a hard thing because she was the last connection to the family of my mother. I have spent time with in in the last four years, talking with her about family, and she told me many things I didn't know about aunts and uncles, grandfather and grandmother. She could still speak in Polish and at times I tried to talk with her in Polish but, of course, it was not always that easy for me. But still, it was nice to be in her company but of the connection to my older family. She knew my mother, she was married to Uncle Chester, my favorite uncle. In my youth, I spent many summers at her house and even now I still know the address of her house and the phone number, some 50 years later. Like so many of my older relatives, I will never forget Aunt Stell.

Przejście Ciotki Stell jest twardą rzeczą ponieważ ona była ostatnim połączeniem do rodziny mojej matki. Spędziłem czas z w w poprzednich czterech latach, mówiąc z nią o rodzinie, i ona powiedziała mi dużo rzeczy, których nie znałem o ciotkach i wujkach, dziadku i babce. Ona mogłaby jeszcze mówić w po polsku i czasami próbowałem powiedzieć z nią po polsku ale, oczywiście, to nie było zawsze, że łatwe dla mnie. Ale jeszcze, to było miłe by być w jej spółce ale połączenia do mojej starszej rodziny. Ona znała moją matkę, ona była żonata do Wujka Chester, mojego ulubionego wujka. W mojej młodzieży, spędziłem dużo lat przy jej domu i nawet teraz jeszcze znam adres jej domu i numeru telefonu, kilka 50 lat później. Jak tak wielu z moich starszych krewnych, nigdy nie będę zapominać, że ciotka Stell.

No comments:

Post a Comment