Monday, July 30, 2007

Goodbye 23" Screen

Sunday night and time to dismantle my computer. I'm gonna miss this 23" screen. We moved out more stuff from our house and went to visit our friend Krystyna's for our goodbye to her.

I'll still have access to the Internet via Joan's daughter Karen's computer at her house but now it's time to delete every personal item I have on this computer and restore it back to it's original state for someone to buy. Today we threw out our microwave, ironing board, shelving, packed our bags of all remaining clothing, toiletries and prepared for our move to Karen's house for the last 2 days.

Tomorrow, Monday, I will rent a van and move the remaining "stuff" to Karen's house. We still have some small things to do before we exit our apartment for the last time but I think we are ready.

3 more days and we'll be leaving. I can't believe it. We have gone through a lot in preparation for this move and only the box issue has presented a big problem for us. I think we have prepared well but only in Poland will we know if my preperations were correct.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:20 AM

    Hi David,

    I am so glad I found your blog. This is very exciting to me to read your story. I wish you a safe trip and I look forward to reading your blogs.
    Good luck.
    Emilia

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI,
    How did you find our blog? Thanks for your wishes.

    David and Joan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous5:02 AM

    Hi David and Joan,

    I live in Cincinnati, Ohio, I am polish and my husband is american, I hope to return home one day and he is into it as well, I hope only that we will be able to do it a little sooner then you guys. I found your blog on polishforums.com, as I was reading on stories about foreigners making it in Poland. I am originally from east suburbs of Warsaw, I moved to US 4.5 years ago. I think it is great what you are doing. Be positive and everything will be just fine. I will follow your story. Too bad you did not think to make it a reality show, you know how everybody are doing it now, just kidding. Hey did you see the "Sicko" by Michale Moore, this movie almost made me pack my bags here right away so I think more of your fellow Americans may follow your steps. Well not to keep you busy, have a safe trip. Regards Emilia

    ReplyDelete