Friday, July 06, 2007

IRS returned

We received our clearance letters from the IRS today along with a letter saying we don't have to pay dual taxes on our Social Security checks because of the agreement between the U.S. and Poland. It only took two weeks to get the letter when we were told it could take 45 days. Now we are waiting for the clearance letter from the FBI that is suppose to take 4-5 months. Maybe the letter I sent with the fingerprints asking them to expedite the "investigation" will have some bearing on when we get the letter. Maybe Not.

We sold one recliner to Joan's daughter, gave away the kitchen table and chairs to her son and disposed of some shelving yesterday.

Talked with cousin Luka's husband about whether to buy a laptop here or wait until we get to Poland. I don't know a lot about laptops, except they are 40% more expenisve in Poland and I'm not sure I want a laptop. I'm used to the 23" screen monitor I have now and the thought of a 15" screen doesn't really appeal to me. Regular desktop PC's in Poland are 20% more expensive.

No comments:

Post a Comment