A little warmer today, 82 F, but good enough to take Joan outside. I had no place specific in mind, so we started with a sit ina small park in the center and ended it with a trip to Cafe Lokum.
I wasn't there for sweets, but they had a blueberry cake I knew Joan would enjoy. I ordered two Caffe Lattees and one piece of the cake. The cost was $11. I was right, Joan very much liked it.
Back at home in the elevator, a young woman entered with a beautiful white dog. I had seen her before, but it was the first time with Joan. Joan told her how pretty the dog was. She asked if we spoke Polish or English. I said both.
Then, in English, she told us where she lived in the building, and that if we ever needed help with something, to please come and get her. Both Joan and I thought that was very nice of her to offer.
She was the second stranger to offer assistance. Our first was Pawel & Julia Dalecki. They bought a flat across town and moved earlier this year.
Several friends of ours have helped us in the past 5 years, but none of my "relatives" who live in or near Poznan have.