Wednesday, August 26, 2026

Good weather.

The sky was blue, small fluffy clouds floating by, and the Sun was shining brightly. With a temperature of 71 degrees Fahrenheit, I thought it was time to finally take Joan out of the apartment. The only destination I had in mind was Cafe Lokum, in the center of the city. It has become our favorite destination for coffee and ciasto. One of the reasons was that they only charge 11zlotys for a caffe latte. Most other cafes or sweet shops charge anywhere between 15 to 18 zlotys. Today we were in luck; they had our favorite ciasto, cinnamon buns. I ordered two of them, two caffe lattes, and the cost was only $11.

They have added some additional tables to the seating area, which makes it easier for me to get Joan in her wheelchair close to the table. We sat and talked for about one and a half hours before leaving.

Back at home, I decided tonight's dinner would be a tuna, quinoa, tomato salad. It was easy to prepare, and Joan liked it very much.

Earlier in the morning, I did the food shopping for the week. Cost-$51.

I finally figured out how to use the new recycling machines for Plastics and had four bags full of plastic bottles to insert into it. When I was all done, I received a ticket for 21 zltys, which I took to the information desk and exchanged for money. I've seen them in the store for a couple of months but never took the time to figure out how to use them. Now I know!