Monday, September 07, 2026

Interesting Day.

Yes, it was an interesting day for us. We had a new visitor at 1:00 p.m.; his name was Bruno.

Because we've been frequenting Cafe Lokum more than Sowas or Kandulski cafes, I have gotten to know one of the people behind the bar who takes our order. This has been going on for the last three or four months. During that time, I've had more than a few brief conversations with Bruno, and last week I invited him to visit us. He lives in the next, I guess you would call it, suburb or maybe region very close to us, within walking distance from his flat to ours. Is not originally from Poznan, but he's been living here for 6 years.

He arrived at 1:00, and we had ciasto, coffee, tea, and water sitting at the kitchen table. When we were done, we moved to the living room for more comfortable seating. I told him about our life in Poland, our life in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan, about building my house in the forest, and several other stories about our travels in different European countries. Of course, it was all new to him, so he was very interested in it.

Around 4:15 p.m., it was time for him to leave and return to his own flat. I'm sure we will see him again this week when we make our visit to the cafe.

Meanwhile, Ukraine.

Amid a temporary attack pause between Kyiv and Moscow, Russian drones are flying above the Ukrainian capital 

*Russia has enough resources to wage war through 2028, Ukraine's military intelligence says 

*Ukraine claims strikes on railway bridge and Russian aircraft in Russian-occupied Crimea *Kyiv shortens curfew to 1-5 am 

*Pro-Ukrainian partisans sabotaged communication tower ahead of oil refinery strike, Atesh group claims.

*Ukrainian drone blitz hits 3 Russian oil refineries, Zelensky confirms. Source: Kyiv Independent