Checking the weather before we left for Bydgoszcz, I knew Tuesday and Wednesday would be good, so I decided we would visit Brzozki on the way to Bydgoszcz instead of on the way back, when it would be way too hot to push Joan around.
We started early. 11:00 and took the A2 motorway east to connect with S5 going north. About an hour later we departed S5 at the Szubin exit. Driving on that road took us to Tur, where we found the road to Brzozki. It went right through a forest to an opening in Brzozki.
For some reason, I imagined that all the Van Gogh-painted houses would be together. They were not, but the village is so small it wasn't hard to find most of the paintings. I parked the car, put Joan in her chair, and walked around to photograph painted houses.
I like that village. It is small and has a nice atmosphere.
When we finished, we went back to S5 and drove another 30 minutes into Bydgoszcz, where we were staying, the Park Hotel.
Our room was on the first floor and was set up for people with disabilities. The bathroom was especially large for maneuvering a wheelchair; the shower was a walk-in shower with an entrance barrier to overcome, and the toilet had safety handles on both sides. However, the seat itself was too high for Joan to put her feet on the ground. It was still nice.
I unpacked everything, and we had a little rest period. About 6:30, I asked the receptionist for a dinner place recommendation, and she suggested Manekin. It is right across the street from the entrance to Stary Rynek
For dinner, Joan chose pancakes with raspberry cream, whipped cream, and blueberries. My choice was a shrimp salad.
After dinner, we walked across the bridge to the rynek and were delighted to see Cukernia & Restaurancja Sowa. We sat were you see the waitress in the doorway. Asecond surprise was that they also serve breakfast all day starting at 9 AM. We knew where we would be eating breakfast tomorrow.
We were back in our room by 8:30 with nothing to do. I forgot to take my external drive with movies on it, and there were only the standard Polish channels on the large-screen TV. Useless for Joan.