If you've been a reader of this blog, I'm sure you've noticed I'm not writing it daily like I used to. Joan occupies so much of my time that, before I can reach the midnight deadline each night, I just don't get to it in time. Because she's not as mobile as she used to be, we just don't travel to too many places or do anything outside of the house. I really miss traveling to different cities or towns or countries, but I think those days are over.
Today was a nice day, so I did take her again to our favorite cafe, where I discovered they are redoing the entrance from the castle into what used to be the stable area where the cafe is located. Now they're in the process of taking all the covering off the original red brick structure in the passageway. I don't know what they're going to do with it, except maybe clean it up and make the bricks look new again.
She had a nice conversation today via Zoom with her son and daughter. It lasted for about an hour, and her daughter did most of the talking. There isn't really much of a conversation going on between the two of them. I can't remember the last time she was able to talk with her adult grandson and granddaughter.