Thursday, August 23, 2007

Busted!!

Today we got up enthused to go to Ikea and buy the remaining shelf units, computer desk and chair, lamps and sheets for the bed. We went to our favorite little store to buy our bus tickets. The lady there never smiles and I was determined to make her smile so after buying the tickets I tried to explain in Polish who we were and that we just moved to Poland and by the time I was done she smiled. It made the day.

We went to Ikea selected the shelves we wanted only to find out they were out of stock and wouldn't be in stock for three weeks. We went and selected a computer desk and found out it wasn't in stock and the wait was two weeks. We selected a chair for the desk and it won't be in stock until tomorrow. We found a cover sheet for the mattress but the sheet for the top was out of stock. So we bought the one sheet and caught the bus back home.

Then Medicover, our private health insurance company sent forms we have to fill out but I don't have printer yet so I walked the 10 blocks or so to the mall to buy a printer. I bought it and then had to carry it home. It was heavy and I had to stop along the way but I found a shortcut between Bulgarska and Grochowska street which makes the trip shorter. Along the way I passed two beautiful fields of Golden Rod in yellows and greens that stood almost six foot high. A wonderful site.

Joan was adventurous and went to Chata Polska, food store, about 5 blocks from our apt. and didn't get lost coming home. That was a great accomplishment for her and I was happy about that. She has a problem with direction and so I was worried that I would never see her again once she left the apt. without me but she found her way home. BRAVO Joan!!!!

Tomorrow we're going back to Kings Cross to buy our washing machine, TV and CD player.

Weeks are going by very fast it seems, they are all so filled with things to do. I'm looking forward to having our apt. finally together so we can explore Poznań more. There is so much history here and so many great encounters waiting for us out there. At this point we are totally happy with out decision to move here.

No comments:

Post a Comment