Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Frustrating Tuesday afternoon!

I'm frusrated!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I tried all afternoon to move money from our American account to our Polish account and couldn't get it to work. I kept getting error messages and then a notice to call America to speak with a representative. I emailed to our American banker and he gave me a "toll" free number to call and I did, thinking the time left on my cell phone card was safe, about $18. The wait to talk to someone was long and just as I heard " My name is........How can I help you" another message came on the phone that said " I'm sorry, you have less than 1 zloty remaining on your card and cannot complete the call." #@#@!. I was angry to say the least..Plus I had to walk back to King Cross to buy another recharge on our cell phone so we can use it. Another email to our American banker who said go to our branch in Poznań and use their phone with the toll free number so the cost is free to me. So now it's a bus and tram ride to the bank to straighten this mess out. It's frustrating. Joan says " Calm down. You'll fix this today" and I will but it's still agravating. :-(
One bright spot in the afternoon we walked to King Cross and bought a Samsung TV that will be delivered today. All we have to get now are two more shelving units, PC desk w/chair and I think we're done. A car still hasn't been decided upon but it's getting chilly in the daytime, 65 degrees today, so that may help us deciding about using public transportation in the winter :-)
P.S. Thanks to everyone who either enters comments or writes to our email address. It's nice to hear from so many new emailer's who are following our adventure. Keep it up :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment