I have to admit I am getting a little burned out being a 24 /7 caregiver. I know I cannot stop and will not stop doing it because I have no option. One day seems just like another, sometimes boring, sometimes with way too many things to do or small problems to solve. I need a vacation from this, but I also realize that it is impossible. Even during my 3-hour breaks, my mind is still constantly on Joan. There is no relief.
Today, for about 5 minutes, she thought I was her mother. Looking straight at my face and my body structure, she still just saw her mother. It took me a little while to convince her of what I was and what I am to her. Those are hard moments for me. I know it's only going to get worse, and there is absolutely nothing I can do about it. I don't believe hate is a strong enough word to describe how I feel about this disease called dementia.
Meanwhile, Ukraine.
More than 113,000 Russian citizens crossed into Georgia via the Verkhny Lars checkpoint in a single week, driven by rumors of a new military mobilization. On Aug. 20 alone, over 20,000 people crossed the border.
Armenia has also indicated it will welcome Russians fleeing the draft. The exodus follows reports of intensified Kremlin recruitment efforts and Ukrainian intelligence assessments predicting a 600,000-person mobilization wave across 2026 and 2027.
Armenia is also preparing for a potential influx of draft evaders. Alen Simonyan, Secretary of the Security Council of Armenia, told TV Rain that Yerevan will not hinder those seeking to avoid being sent to the Ukrainian front.
The European countries bordering the Baltic Sea are now seeking to ramp up their security coordination due to increasing hybrid warfare activity in their territory.
On Friday, Germany’s Interior Minister Alexander Dobrindt gathered his colleagues from Denmark, Estonia, Finland, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, Sweden, Norway and Ireland in northern Germany to discuss the current threat perception in and around the Baltic Sea. Source-Kyiv Post
President Volodymyr Zelensky called for Ukraine to increase the frequency of its long-range drone strikes against Russia on Aug. 28, setting a goal of launching 1,000 drones a day.
Zelensky said in his daily evening address that Ukraine currently launches more than 300 long-range drones on average each day, but needs to significantly increase that number as Russia intensifies its aerial attacks against Ukrainian cities.
"The main priority is to strengthen our defense against jet-powered Shaheds and to step up the frequency of our deep strikes against Russia," Zelensky said. "The task is a thousand drones for long-range strikes against Russia every day. Right now, the average is over 300 of our long-range strikes, there must be more. We have a very specific goal, and we will achieve it." Source-Kyiv Independent