Sunday, October 28, 2018

Amy's 4th day

It's really hard to respond to the blog. We've  been entertaining for 4 nights a cousin from Seattle and her friend. It's been good to get to know Amy. We've seen a few places in Poznań, drank a lot of Wisnówka, and learned a lot about each other's lives. The more time I spend with her, the more I like her. This is funny. This is why I came to Poland, to find out more about my cousins and yet I have to wait for cousins from America to come here to find out more about them.  Why do I not know more about cousins who live in Poland? Is there something wrong that cousins living here do not want to have contact with me?  Is it because I was born in America and even though my bloodline is as Polish as theirs they do not still consider me a relative?  Is is my fault my parents were born in America?  I tire of this game. I have so many cousins cousins here and yet so few want to have contact with me. Why? It is a questions that bothers me for many years.

I have done so much research on our family and yet so few are interested in it. Don't they care ? Why are only the Americans interested in the family history and those who actually live here not? These are questions that have puzzled me for many years and still I have no answers. I have no answers.  All I can do is move forward and hope that someday, before I die, some one will take an interest in the history and all that I have done will not be in vain.  It is frustrating to think it will all die with me.

Last night, after dinner, we played Scrabble and drank another 3 bottles of Wisnówka. This has been a very unusual weekend of drinking for us but with guests it was an exception. The last time we drank so much was when my nephew was here.

Today Amy made breakfast for us all. Scrambled eggs with mushrooms, cheese, bacon and spices. I provided the after breakfast dessert, rogala's. It was, of course, the first time they had them and they liked them very much.

When breakfast was over, I took them to see the castle in Kórnik. It surprised me. With money from the EU, they have renovated the outside of it and it looks new. I liked it better when it was gray and looked old. We spent a couple of hours there and then returned home.

Naprawdę trudno jest odpowiedzieć na blogu. Przez 4 noce byliśmy rozrywką kuzyna z Seattle i jej przyjaciółki. Dobrze było poznać Amy. Poznaliśmy kilka miejsc w Poznaniu, piliśmy dużo Wisnówki i wiele się nauczyliśmy o życiu innych. Im więcej czasu z nią spędzam, tym bardziej ją lubię. To jest zabawne. Właśnie dlatego przyjechałem do Polski, aby dowiedzieć się więcej o moich kuzynach, a jednak muszę czekać na kuzynów z Ameryki, aby przybyć tutaj, aby dowiedzieć się więcej na ich temat. Dlaczego nie wiem więcej na temat kuzynów, którzy mieszkają w Polsce? Czy coś jest nie tak, że żyjący tu kuzyni nie chcą mieć ze mną kontaktu? Czy to dlatego, że urodziłem się w Ameryce i mimo że moja rasa jest równie polska, jak i moja, nie uważają mnie za krewnego? Czy to moja wina, że ​​moi rodzice urodzili się w Ameryce? Męczę się tą grą. Mam tak wielu kuzynów kuzynów, a jednak tak niewielu chce mieć ze mną kontakt. Czemu? To pytania, które dręczą mnie od wielu lat.

Zrobiłem tak wiele badań nad naszą rodziną, a tak mało jest zainteresowanych. Nie obchodzi ich to? Dlaczego tylko Amerykanie są zainteresowani historią rodziny i tymi, którzy rzeczywiście tu mieszkają? Są to pytania, które zastanawiają mnie od wielu lat i wciąż nie mam odpowiedzi. Nie mam odpowiedzi. Wszystko, co mogę zrobić, to iść naprzód i mieć nadzieję, że pewnego dnia, zanim umrę, ktoś zainteresuje się historią i wszystko, co zrobiłem, nie będzie na próżno. Frustrujące jest myślenie, że wszystko umrze razem ze mną.

Ostatniej nocy, po kolacji, graliśmy w Scrabble i wypiliśmy kolejne 3 butelki Wisnówki. To był bardzo niezwykły weekend picia dla nas, ale z gośćmi był to wyjątek. Ostatnim razem, kiedy tak dużo piliśmy, był mój bratanek.


Dzisiaj Amy zrobiła dla nas śniadanie. Jajecznica z pieczarkami, serem, boczkiem i przyprawami. Dostarczyłem deser po śniadaniu, rogala. To był pierwszy raz, kiedy je mieli i bardzo im się podobało.

Gdy śniadanie się skończyło, zabrałem je na zamek w Kórniku. To mnie zaskoczyło. Dzięki pieniądzom z UE odnowili na zewnątrz i wyglądają na nowe. Podobało mi się lepiej, gdy było szaro i wyglądało na stare. Spędziliśmy tam kilka godzin, a potem wróciliśmy do domu.

No comments:

Post a Comment