Checking the menu at the La Liada restaurant close to us, I saw they had calamari and thought I would try their version. So far, I haven't found a place that makes them the way I like them. I ordered their Calamares Nacional Plancha. The word Plancha usually means ironed but the menu said grilled. When they came, it looked like a big balloon with legs attached all around it. Not what I expected. I cut into the first leg and took a bite. It was like eating a piece of warm rubber in consistency. After 2 bites I pushed it aside and didn't eat the rest. Needless to say, I was very disappointed. I ate the Russian salad I ordered, helped Joan finish the large salad she had, paid the bill and we returned home. Only chocolate chip cookies could get the taste of the calamari out of my mouth. That was last night.
Today, I will make spaghetti for dinner and not take a chance in another restaurant for calamari. I really miss the place that went out of business. I guess Covid did it in.
We are still waiting for warmer weather. It is supposed to start on Monday.
Sprawdzaj膮c menu w bliskiej nam restauracji La Liada, zobaczy艂em, 偶e maj膮 kalmary i pomy艣la艂em, 偶e spr贸buj臋 ich wersji. Jak dot膮d nie znalaz艂em miejsca, kt贸re robi je tak, jak lubi臋. Zam贸wi艂em ich Calamares Nacional Plancha. S艂owo Plancha zazwyczaj oznacza prasowane, ale w menu by艂o napisane, 偶e grillowane. Kiedy je otrzyma艂em, wygl膮da艂y jak wielki balon z nogami przyczepionymi dooko艂a. Nie tego si臋 spodziewa艂em. Wgryz艂em si臋 w pierwsz膮 n贸偶k臋. To by艂o jak jedzenie kawa艂ka czego艣 o konsystencji ciep艂ej gumy. Po 2 k臋sach odepchn膮艂em je na bok i nie zjad艂em reszty. Nie musz臋 dodawa膰, 偶e by艂em bardzo rozczarowany. Zjad艂em zam贸wion膮 sa艂atk臋 rosyjsk膮, pomog艂em Joannie sko艅czy膰 du偶膮 sa艂atk臋, kt贸r膮 jad艂a, zap艂aci艂em rachunek i wr贸cili艣my do domu. Tylko ciasteczka z czekolad膮 mog艂y zatuszowa膰 smak kalmar贸w z moich ust. To by艂o wczoraj wieczorem.
Dzisiaj na kolacj臋 zrobi臋 spaghetti i nie b臋d臋 kalmar贸w ryzykowa膰 w innej restauracji. Naprawd臋 t臋skni臋 za miejscem, kt贸re znikn臋艂o z rynku. Chyba Covid sie do tego przyczyni艂.
Wci膮偶 czekamy na cieplejsz膮 pogod臋. Ma si臋 zacz膮膰 w poniedzia艂ek.