Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Nora!


Here's the latest picture of cousin Nora Bekalarek. You can easily see how much she has changed in two and a half years.

Weather has changed back into winter with cold temperature today and a lot of wind last night.  Joan keeps saying the winds are a sign of early spring but I have my doubts about that.

The electrician came today and fixed the lights in the hallway.  It was just a blown fuse in the transformer box but it took four days to fix it.  I wasn't home at the time he came but Joan was and she managed to communicate enough with him so he could finish the job and get paid.  The bill was 60 zlotys but Joan only had two 50's and he had no change so he settled for 50zl.  We saved 10 zlotys!  Way to go, Joan.  :-)

Sometimes it amazes me how much time I put into genealogy research, collecting pictures, putting names and dates on pictures and keeping track of the different families in my "tree".  You would think that after ten years of doing this the passion for it would have lessened but it hasn't.  I can't explain how thrilling it is to hear from a "new cousin" or to get new pictures.  It's like Christmas can happen any day of the year for me when I receive new family news or pictures.  Naturally, being retired, I have the time to do it and I do have other interests but this is still my greatest passion........................................besides Joan, of course.  I'm so thankful that she has been so encouraging to my efforts.  Valentines Day was yesterday but everyday is Valentines Day with Joan.

Oto najnowszy obraz kuzyna Nora Bekalarek. 艁atwo mo偶na zobaczy膰 jak bardzo zmieni艂a si臋 na dwa i p贸艂 roku.

Pogoda zmieni艂a si臋 z powrotem do zimy temperatura na dzi艣 i du偶o wiatru w nocy. Joan powtarza, 偶e wiatry s膮 znakiem wczesn膮 wiosn膮, ale mam co do tego w膮tpliwo艣ci.

Elektryk przyszed艂 dzi艣 i sta艂e 艣wiat艂o w korytarzu. To by艂 tylko spalony bezpiecznik w transformatorze polu, ale dopiero po czterech dniach to naprawi膰. I nie by艂o w domu w czasie wr贸ci艂, ale Joan i uda艂o jej si臋 z nim komunikowa膰 si臋 na tyle, aby m贸g艂 doko艅czy膰 robot臋 i zarabia膰. Ustawa zosta艂a 60 z艂, ale Joan tylko dwa 50 i nie mia艂 偶adnych zmian, tak osiad艂 na 50zl. Uratowali艣my 10 z艂otych! Brawo, Joan. :-)

Czasami to mnie dziwi, jak du偶o czasu odda艂em do bada艅 genealogicznych, zbieraj膮c zdj臋cia, stawiaj膮c imiona i daty na zdj臋cia i 艣ledzenie r贸偶nych rodzin w mojej "drzewo". Wydawa艂oby si臋, 偶e po dziesi臋ciu latach robi to pasja to zmniejszy艂y, ale nie ma. Nie potrafi臋 wyja艣ni膰, jak ekscytuj膮ce jest to, aby us艂ysze膰 od "kuzyna nowe", aby uzyska膰 nowe zdj臋cia. To jak Bo偶e Narodzenie mo偶e wyst膮pi膰 w dowolnym dniu roku dla mnie, gdy przyj臋cie nowych informacji o charakterze rodzinnym lub zdj臋cia. Oczywi艣cie, b臋d膮c na emeryturze, mam na to czasu i mam inne zainteresowania, ale jest to nadal moja najwi臋ksza pasja ......................... ............... opr贸cz Joan, oczywi艣cie. Jestem tak wdzi臋czny, 偶e zosta艂a tak zach臋caj膮ce do moich wysi艂k贸w. Walentynki to wczoraj, ale codziennego Walentynki z Joan.