Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Nora!


Here's the latest picture of cousin Nora Bekalarek. You can easily see how much she has changed in two and a half years.

Weather has changed back into winter with cold temperature today and a lot of wind last night.  Joan keeps saying the winds are a sign of early spring but I have my doubts about that.

The electrician came today and fixed the lights in the hallway.  It was just a blown fuse in the transformer box but it took four days to fix it.  I wasn't home at the time he came but Joan was and she managed to communicate enough with him so he could finish the job and get paid.  The bill was 60 zlotys but Joan only had two 50's and he had no change so he settled for 50zl.  We saved 10 zlotys!  Way to go, Joan.  :-)

Sometimes it amazes me how much time I put into genealogy research, collecting pictures, putting names and dates on pictures and keeping track of the different families in my "tree".  You would think that after ten years of doing this the passion for it would have lessened but it hasn't.  I can't explain how thrilling it is to hear from a "new cousin" or to get new pictures.  It's like Christmas can happen any day of the year for me when I receive new family news or pictures.  Naturally, being retired, I have the time to do it and I do have other interests but this is still my greatest passion........................................besides Joan, of course.  I'm so thankful that she has been so encouraging to my efforts.  Valentines Day was yesterday but everyday is Valentines Day with Joan.

Oto najnowszy obraz kuzyna Nora Bekalarek. Łatwo można zobaczyć jak bardzo zmieniła się na dwa i pół roku.

Pogoda zmieniła się z powrotem do zimy temperatura na dziś i dużo wiatru w nocy. Joan powtarza, że wiatry są znakiem wczesną wiosną, ale mam co do tego wątpliwości.

Elektryk przyszedł dziś i stałe światło w korytarzu. To był tylko spalony bezpiecznik w transformatorze polu, ale dopiero po czterech dniach to naprawić. I nie było w domu w czasie wrócił, ale Joan i udało jej się z nim komunikować się na tyle, aby mógł dokończyć robotę i zarabiać. Ustawa została 60 zł, ale Joan tylko dwa 50 i nie miał żadnych zmian, tak osiadł na 50zl. Uratowaliśmy 10 złotych! Brawo, Joan. :-)

Czasami to mnie dziwi, jak dużo czasu oddałem do badań genealogicznych, zbierając zdjęcia, stawiając imiona i daty na zdjęcia i śledzenie różnych rodzin w mojej "drzewo". Wydawałoby się, że po dziesięciu latach robi to pasja to zmniejszyły, ale nie ma. Nie potrafię wyjaśnić, jak ekscytujące jest to, aby usłyszeć od "kuzyna nowe", aby uzyskać nowe zdjęcia. To jak Boże Narodzenie może wystąpić w dowolnym dniu roku dla mnie, gdy przyjęcie nowych informacji o charakterze rodzinnym lub zdjęcia. Oczywiście, będąc na emeryturze, mam na to czasu i mam inne zainteresowania, ale jest to nadal moja największa pasja ......................... ............... oprócz Joan, oczywiście. Jestem tak wdzięczny, że została tak zachęcające do moich wysiłków. Walentynki to wczoraj, ale codziennego Walentynki z Joan.

3 comments:

  1. I've been researching since 1987 and the obsession grows stronger with every passing day. Thanks to Ancestry.com I have just found several branches of my BAUZA family from Znin parish, Poznan emigrated to the USA in ther 1870-1880 time period. I thought it was only my great-grandmother who ended up in Pennsylvania. Now I have two of her brothers in Indiana, and surprise - her father emigrated late in life, plus about four cousins in southern Illinois, Bay City Michigan and New York State. Wonders never cease.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marilyn2:53 AM

    What a surprise to see Bay City, MI on your blog....I live right next to Bay City!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes indeed Marilyn, it is a small world sometimes :-)

    ReplyDelete