Saturday, May 25, 2019

Lost

Cousin Chiara came early today and we talked about her family and it's different members. She will go tomorrow to Berlin to watch her boyfriend play a tennis match and spend the day. Later they will return to Poznan. We also talked about learning foreign languages and how hard some are to learn while others are easier. We both agreed the easier ones are Spanish, Italian and English.

Tomorrow we celebrate the birthday of the love of my life. Only today did I think of the perfect gift but too late. 3 years ago when Joan had her stroke, they had to do tests and they gave me her wedding ring. I put it in my pocket but with all that was happening, somehow I lost it. I still have mine, identical to Joan's. My idea is to measure her finger while she sleeps, take my ring and the measurement to a jeweler and have them cut my ring down to her size. I can bu a simple silver band to wear. For our anniversary I will give her the ring. For tomorrow, I will take her to a movie and then to dinner.

Kuzynka Chiara przyszła dziś wcześnie i rozmawialiśmy o jej rodzinie i jej różnych członkach. Jutro pojedzie do Berlina, żeby zobaczyć, jak jej chłopak gra w tenisa i spędza dzień. Później wrócą do Poznania. Rozmawialiśmy również o nauce języków obcych i o tym, jak trudno jest się uczyć, a innym łatwiej. Oboje zgodziliśmy się, że łatwiejsze są hiszpański, włoski i angielski.

Jutro obchodzimy urodziny miłości mojego życia. Dopiero dzisiaj pomyślałem o idealnym darze, ale za późno. 3 lata temu, kiedy Joan doznała udaru, musieli przeprowadzić testy i dali mi obrączkę. Włożyłem go do kieszeni, ale ze wszystkim, co się działo, jakoś go zgubiłem. Nadal mam moje, identyczne z Joan. Moim pomysłem jest zmierzenie jej palca podczas snu, zabranie mojego pierścionka i pomiaru do jubilera i kazanie mu przyciąć mój pierścień do jej rozmiaru. Mogę założyć prostą srebrną opaskę do noszenia. Na naszą rocznicę dam jej pierścień. Na jutro zabiorę ją do kina, a potem na kolację.

2 comments:

  1. Happy birthday to Joan and may you two have a wonderful day celebrating and a wonderful year ahead!

    ReplyDelete