Saturday, September 17, 2011

Money!

Here is what the money in the Czech Republic looks like.  5000 seems like a lot but the exchange rate to the zloty is 5.6 to 1 and the zloty to USD is 3.1 to 1 so that equals about $288.

It was a beautiful day today so we went in the afternoon to the medieval festival in the rynek and then walked to Stary Browar to buy something Joan needed.  Now we are about to start  packing so we can have everything done by 8PM.  Tomorrow we will wake up at 7AM and be ready to leave at 9AM.  Of course, like usual, I will take along my laptop to post pictures of the adventure. 

Oto co pieniądze w Czechach wygląda. 5000 wydaje się dużo, ale kurs złotego jest od 5,6 do 1 i złotego do USD wynosi 3,1 do 1 tak, że wynosi około 288 dolarów.

 To był piękny dzień dzisiaj tak poszliśmy po południu do średniowiecznego festiwalu w Rynku, a następnie podszedł do Starego Browaru coś kupić Joan potrzebne. Teraz mamy zamiar rozpocząć pakowanie więc możemy mieć wszystko zrobione przez godzina dwudziesta. Jutro budzimy się o 7 rano i być gotowi do wyjazdu od 9 rano. Oczywiście, jak zwykle, będę zabrać laptopa, aby dodawać zdjęcia przygody.

1 comment:

  1. In May I went to Hungary and then back to Poland. There I taught elementary school students. I showed them Hungarian money and when they saw a 1000 forint bill they said< "Oh, teacher you are rich." When we figured that out to zloty, they didn't think I was so rich!

    But the most beautiful money I have ever seen comes yet comes from Romania. I passed on the end of my Romanian money to another person after my 2010 trip. I'm going there in 2012 and this year I'm coming home with some of their bills!

    ReplyDelete