Sunday, March 04, 2012

Great Surprise.

Sometimes in life, when you think about whether or not you have made a positive difference in life for someone you get a nice surprise.  That happened to me today when I received an email from a former guitar student of many years ago................................

" Hi David,
I think you are the same Dave Piekarczyk I knew in back in Illinois. The Bears shirt looked like a good giveaway as well as reading that you had played jazz guitar.

I don't know if you remember me but I took some guitar lessons from you around 1974 in Homewood first at melody mart and then in Chicago Heights at your apartment and had often wondered years ago what ever happened to you as I had lost touch with you.
Anyway today, I was weeding and going through some piles of old music I had in boxes and found some chord progressions and chord solo that you had arranged for me so of course got curious again. You gotta love the internet! I see you are in Poland now and interested in many great causes these days. It's funny , I still have some family still there as well that I have talked to my father about visiting at some point. One of these days.
After all these years I'm still playing guitar, teaching and writing music . Anyway, I just wanted to say thanks, as you were a great mentor and friend for at the time and taught me a lot of things on the guitar that helped prepare me to go to Berklee College a couple years later, which is where I teach these days.

All the best to you, Craig".

Czasami w życiu, kiedy myślisz o tym, czy nie dokonałeś pozytywną różnicę w życiu dla kogoś Ci miłą niespodziankę. To zdarzyło mi się dzisiaj, gdy otrzymałem e-mail od byłego ucznia gitary wiele lat temu ............................... .

"Hi David,

Myślę, że jesteś sam Dave Piekarczyk wiedziałem, z tyłu w stanie Illinois. Niedźwiedzie koszula wyglądał jak dobrej gratisów, a także czytania, że grał na gitarze jazzowej.

Nie wiem czy mnie pamiętasz, ale wzięłam kilka lekcji gry na gitarze od Ciebie około 1974 roku w Homewood najpierw na melodii mart, a następnie w Chicago Heights w mieszkaniu i często zastanawiał się rok temu, co stało się z wami jak straciłem kontakt z ty.
Zresztą dzisiaj byłem pielenie i przejściu przez niektóre stosy muzyki dawnej miałem w pudełkach i znalazłem kilka postęp akordów i solo akordu, który ułożył dla mnie tak oczywiście masz ciekawy ponownie. Musisz kochać z internetu! Widzę, że jesteś w Polsce teraz i interesuje wiele wspaniałych przyczyn tych dni. To zabawne, mam jeszcze trochę rodziny nadal tam również, że rozmawiałem z ojcem o wizycie w pewnym momencie. Jeden z tych dni.

Po tych wszystkich latach nadal jestem grać na gitarze, ucząc i pisząc muzykę. W każdym razie, chciałem po prostu podziękować, jak to było wielkim mentorem i przyjacielem w czasie i nauczył mnie wielu rzeczy na gitarze, które pomogły przygotować się do mnie, aby przejść do Berklee College kilka lat później, czyli tam, gdzie uczę te dni ".

Wszystkiego najlepszego dla ciebie, Craig

1 comment:

  1. Marilyn2:36 PM

    Hi..
    What a very pleasant surprise for you to hear from a former student! How nice.
    Our weather has been beautiful also...had the windows open yesterday. Now it's supposed to cool down a little .. then warmer again next week. Time change this weekend---SPRING is on the way...YAY! Hugs, Marilyn

    ReplyDelete