Thursday, November 01, 2018

Day of the Dead

Being November 1st. it was time to go to Golina, to visit the cemetery of the ancestors and relatives. I bought red candles this year to place on graves and one for the wife of our friend, John. Joan was not well enough to travel so I made the trip alone. After I was done, I went to visit cousin Kasia and her son, Andrzej.

It was a short visit this time because I wanted to return home and take care of Joan.  Kasia and I talked about the fallacy of teaching so much grammar to students of a foreign language and not having more conversation involvement. We both agree it is a big mistake.

Because I left early, I didn't have a chance to take pictures in the Golina cemetery at dusk so I stopped at the cemetery close to home and took some.

Jest 1 listopada. Nadszedł czas, aby udać się do Goliny, odwiedzić cmentarz przodków i krewnych. W tym roku kupiłem czerwone świece do umieszczenia na grobach i jedno dla żony naszego przyjaciela, Johna. Joan nie była na tyle dobra, aby podróżować, więc odbyłem podróż w samotności. Po tym, jak skończyłem, poszedłem odwiedzić kuzynkę Kasię i jej syna, Andrzeja.


To była krótka wizyta, ponieważ chciałem wrócić do domu i zająć się Joan. Kasia i ja rozmawialiśmy o błędnym nauczaniu gramatyki dla studentów obcego języka i braku większego zaangażowania w rozmowę. Obaj zgadzamy się, że to duży błąd.


Ponieważ wyjechałem wcześnie, nie miałem okazji zrobić zdjęć na cmentarzu w Golina o zmierzchu, więc zatrzymałem się na cmentarzu blisko domu i wziąłem trochę.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous, read the last sentence in my last comment on this subject you just wrote.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:13 PM

    its very sensual day... magical. I love this day of dead in Poland.

    ReplyDelete