Tuesday, December 25, 2018

Dinner

Christmas Day. We woke up about 8:30, had coffee and apple pie for breakfast, then we watched an old Christmas movie(1945), Holiday Inn with Fred Astaire and Bing Crosby. Joan began the Christmas dinner at 15:30. We ate at 17:00. A simple dinner but a good one, Muscovy duck breasts, mashed potatoes, gravy and wine. For dessert we had coffee and apple pie.

Our 43rd Christmas together so I am thankful to God for the birth of Jesus and this woman in my life. We are both in the Autumn of our lives an do not know when they will end. I work to make them the best years of her life for as long as I am able. I would not change my past because then I would not have had my son who I lost this year but I am grateful Joan appeared when she did.

Boże Narodzenie. Obudziliśmy się około 8:30, mieliśmy kawę i szarlotkę na śniadanie, potem oglądaliśmy stary świąteczny film (1945), Holiday Inn z Fredem Astaire i Bingiem Crosby. Joan rozpoczęła świąteczny obiad o 15:30. Jedliśmy o 17:00. Prosty obiad, ale dobry, piersi z kaczki piżmowej, tłuczone ziemniaki, sos i wino. Na deser mieliśmy kawę i szarlotkę.

Nasze 43 Boże Narodzenie razem, więc jestem wdzięczny Bogu za narodzenie Jezusa i tej kobiety w moim życiu. Oboje jesteśmy na jesieni naszego życia i nie wiemy, kiedy się skończą. Pracuję, aby uczynić je najlepszymi latami jej życia tak długo, jak jestem w stanie. Nie zmieniam swojej przeszłości, bo wtedy nie miałabym syna, który straciłabym w tym roku, ale jestem wdzięczny, że Joan pojawiła się, kiedy to zrobiła.

No comments:

Post a Comment