Saturday, March 02, 2019

Aguilas

Last night at 19:00 we, Joan, Mary and I, went to Hotel Trabuco for the Spanish club meeting. We all met in a different room, smaller, and it was a bit more noisier and harder to hear each other. Joan and Mary sat at a table with Pedro to help them and I was at a table with Angel. the man from last week. My digital recorder decided not to record but, fortunately, Angel showed me how to use my phone to record our meeting so I can listen to it again and pick out the words I didn't know. It will have a lot of background noise so I will have to really listen well to it.

Today, another beautiful day, the three of us took a 1 hour trip to Aguilas. It's a city west of Ribera where, like Ribera, it is Carnival time. The internet said today is only the selection of the Queen so we were not expecting too much but were surprised. The main streets were filled with people in all types of different costumes, the restaurants were packed with people and music was everywhere. We parked the van at the marina and started walking in search of a place to have lunch. It wasn't easy to find. Most of them had their places already reserved and we had to walk a good distance until we found the Sam Sam Bar-Cafeteria. Joan and Mary had salads and I had a salmon sandwich.

Sitting next to us were 2 young Spanish girls and one of them, in English, asked if Joan had a husband for her hair. I didn't understand what she meant until I figured out she meant a rubber band for her hair. She just didn't know the correct word in English. We all laughed but I said we didn't have one.

When we were done we walked back toward the van taking pictures of the colorfully dressed people.

Back home at 18:00, Mary went home and Joan and I had dinner.

Ostatniej nocy o 19:00 my, Joan, Mary i ja, udali艣my si臋 do hotelu Trabuco na hiszpa艅skie spotkanie klubowe. Wszyscy spotkali艣my si臋 w innym pokoju, mniejszym, i by艂o troch臋 g艂o艣niej i trudniej si臋 by艂o us艂ysze膰. Joan i Mary siedzieli przy stole z Pedro, aby im pom贸c, a ja siedzia艂em przy stole z Angelem. m臋偶czyzna z zesz艂ego tygodnia. Moja cyfrowa nagrywarka postanowi艂a nie nagrywa膰, ale na szcz臋艣cie Angel pokaza艂 mi, jak u偶ywa膰 mojego telefonu, aby nagra膰 nasze spotkanie, aby m贸c go ponownie s艂ucha膰 i wybiera膰 s艂owa, kt贸rych nie zna艂em. B臋dzie mia艂 du偶o szumu w tle, wi臋c b臋d臋 musia艂 go dobrze s艂ucha膰.

Dzi艣 kolejny pi臋kny dzie艅, nasza tr贸jka odby艂a 1-godzinn膮 podr贸偶 do Aguilas. To miasto na zach贸d od Ribera, gdzie podobnie jak Ribera, jest to czas karnawa艂u. Internet powiedzia艂, 偶e dzisiaj jest tylko wyb贸r kr贸lowej, wi臋c nie spodziewali艣my si臋 zbyt wiele, ale byli艣my zaskoczeni. G艂贸wne ulice wype艂nione by艂y lud藕mi w r贸偶nego rodzaju strojach, restauracje by艂y pe艂ne ludzi, a muzyka by艂a wsz臋dzie. Zaparkowali艣my furgonetk臋 w marinie i ruszyli艣my w poszukiwaniu miejsca na lunch. Nie by艂o 艂atwo znale藕膰. Wi臋kszo艣膰 z nich mia艂a ju偶 zarezerwowane miejsca i musieli艣my i艣膰 do艣膰 daleko, dop贸ki nie znale藕li艣my baru Sam Samad-Cafe. Joan i Mary mieli sa艂atki, a ja kanapk臋 z 艂ososiem.

Obok nas siedzia艂y dwie m艂ode Hiszpanki, a jedna z nich po angielsku pyta艂a, czy Joan ma m臋偶a za w艂osy. Nie rozumia艂em, co mia艂a na my艣li, dop贸ki nie zrozumia艂em, 偶e ma na my艣li gumk臋 do w艂os贸w. Po prostu nie zna艂a poprawnego s艂owa po angielsku. Wszyscy si臋 艣miali艣my, ale powiedzia艂em, 偶e ich nie mamy.

Kiedy sko艅czyli艣my, wr贸cili艣my do furgonetki, robi膮c zdj臋cia kolorowo ubranych ludzi.

Po powrocie do domu o 18:00 Mary posz艂a do domu, a Joan i ja jedli艣my obiad.