Thursday, October 12, 2023

It's new!

 At about 16:00, our new Whirlpool washing machine was delivered. The delivery man brought it in and took the old one with him. I unpacked it and took all the packing to the garbage room. I wondered how much of the plastic and styrofoam would actually be recycled. Just another contribution to polluting the planet.

We waited for the 2 men to arrive to set up the machine and make sure it would work properly. While waiting, I looked through the slim user manual that was written in several languages. But, not surprisingly, English wasn't one of them. I searched the internet but to no avail.

Finally, at about 20:00, the young men arrived and installed the machine. I think I could have done it by myself. Tomorrow I will do the "maiden voyage" wash in the machine.

Około godziny 16:00 dostarczono naszą nową pralkę Whirlpool. Dostawca wniósł ją i zabrał ze sobą starą. Rozpakowałem ją i wyniosłem wszystkie opakowania do śmietnika. Zastanawiałem się, ile plastiku i styropianu zostanie poddane recyklingowi. Kolejny wkład w zanieczyszczanie planety.

Czekaliśmy na przybycie dwóch mężczyzn, którzy mieli skonfigurować maszynę i upewnić się, że będzie działać prawidłowo. Czekając, przejrzałem smukłą instrukcję obsługi, która była napisana w kilku językach. Ale, co nie było zaskoczeniem, angielski nie był jednym z nich. Przeszukałem internet, ale bezskutecznie.


W końcu, około 20:00, zjawili się młodzi mężczyźni i zainstalowali maszynę. Myślę, że mógłbym to zrobić sam. Jutro zrobię "dziewiczy rejs" w pralce.

No comments:

Post a Comment